I have recently been (4 months back from now) diagnosed as diabetic and hypertensive and have been given medication. I daily take Daonil one tablet in the morning, metformin 3 times daily, fenofierate for lowering trigycerides levels (after dinner) and another tablet for high blood pressure, which I am not sure about its name. During this October I completed 40 years. I refrained from alcohol the whole past four months to the extent that i didn't take a single sip, before that I used to take alcohol at night everyday. I feel like I am very eager to restore my relation with alcohol in a way that doesn't cause any harm to my health. I have decided not to take alcohol daily, planning to drink during the weekends only, in the days I am supposed to drink can I skip my diabetes medications to avoid hypoglycemia? What to do with the finofierate tablet as it has to be taken after dinner? What amount of alcohol I can take during my drinkig days? I find the phrase "light to moderate drink' very vague, so I need to know the exact amount in terms of Fraction of a Litre per day, note that I mix spirits with other sugar free drinks. Thanks.

You should have no more than one to two ounces of hard liquor, one 3 oz. glass of wine, or one 12 oz. beer per day for light consumption, and medium consumption would be double that. Does that help you at all?