my doctor said a drink or two wouldn't hurt on new years,just not too much,I am on suboxone and was just wondering if that was true?the doctor is the one who prescribed it so he knows I am on it just wanted to double check.

I'm on Suboxone and I made the mistake of drinking ONCE and that was the first and last time I did it! LOL
It wa awful!
It does however depend on what you're planning on drinking ... A SMALL glass of wine or something like that is okay but whatever you do don't drink ANY liquer or beer. If you do you'll end up like I did .. Puking up your toe nails!
Just be careful. :-)

I agree Seasiren88. Ive been on Suboxone for 4 months now and just recently made the mistake of drinking a large amount of liquor one particular night, while using 2 a day and had a horrible side effect of nausea and massive vommiting. I personally will never make that mistake again!

Ive been on suboxone for about 6 months, my doc said the same thing - a few wont hurt but dont over do it. and i agree with him. i drink about every other night, like right now for example, and i never have any problems. HOWEVER, i went on vacation during the summer and drank beer and liquor all day for 3 days. the last night there i drank well over a case and a half of beer (i only weigh 140) and then i paid for it the whole 9 hour trip home. it seems to just amplify hangovers when you get really wasted. also i find that alcohol lacks a little bit of the euphoria i used to get before i started taking subs. or maybe its because i was snorting 120mgs of oxycontin with every beer, who knows.

All in all, just know your limit and youll be fine. worst case scenario: youll have a shitty tomorrow, and youll learn a valuable lesson.

The first time I drank on Suboxone a shooting numbness went right down my leg and into my feet. Really all the info is out there and use some common sense. Suboxone web page says not to use alcohol. Use commonsense You are a drug addict and you want to drink? Gee add some cocaine and Marajuana too.
Suboxone does reduce the feeling felt when drinking and does make you sick.
If you do not have common sense, are not capable of rational thought, retarded, insane, stupid, ignorant PLEASE consult your doctor, Unless you bought your Suboxone on the street, then consult the first part of this statement. ASK your doctor if you are unsure, have concerns, feel side effects, don't think something is right or even if you just want to know if you can drink milk on Suboxone. DON"T consult a web forum. People responding don't know.

Everything written is my personal non-medical opinion, not to be used for any medical diagnosis, education or stupidity.

I do recommend though that if you have a problem with opiates that you consult your doctor and ask for Suboxone, it did change myn life. Although that is my non-medical , non-profesional opinion.

OMG, I did the same thing. I have been on suboxone for 3 weeks and I drank two glasses of wine. I had chest pain almost past out went to the ER they did a EKG and a blood test. Was certain I had a heart attack. That evening I was vomiting all night, dry heaving, the worst experience of my life not to mention costly! Don't do it!

Anyone who's doctor says they can have a drink while on Suboxone should have there license revoked or something and they shouldn't even prescribe that if your currently drinking but if you are and can't stop without ill effects you must go to detox first they will give you something for sezuires and start you on suboxone also and 72 hrs later when your out and not drinking at all you can be prescribed but if you don't have DTs from alcohol just don't drink it and take your suboxone as prescribed because who knows what the effects of the alcohol will have on your brain and body maybe you won't feel the alcohol maybe you will feel it as normal or maybe you will die from respiratory depression everyone's different and I mean everyone and also an addict has no bussiness drinking that's another drug you can become dependant on especially at a time where your not getting high and taking suboxone all your brain wants is to feel different but in my personal experience as an addict and now alcoholic too was insane I started out years on roxycodone a short acting form of Oxycodone then when it wasn't fun anymore and I wanted help I started a dose of suboxone 2X daily no roxys I worked down to 2.5mgs a day over a year after starting at 8mgs twice daily btw use the sublingual films because you can break them into the doses you need easily now at 2.5mgs and all that time being not high I guess lol I decided to have a few shots with friends knowing its a no no for an addict I but it ended up going just fine nice buzz fun night but I ended up doing it again about 2 weeks later then I didn't drink for a long time and started dropping my sub dose again and switched to 2mg films instead of 8mg so I could break down my doses easy still but they didn't seem to work as well maybe because they are same size so different potency per milligram but eventually I got used to it but anyways I felt bored one night months after my last drink so I decided hey I know what I'll do get a bottle so now I got a fifth just sittin at the house to stare at me when I'm bored lol big mistake now I suddenly find myself drinking even all by myself every now and then not really keeping tabs on how often or how much just doing it whenever I'm super bored and in no time prob another year I'm drinking a fifth of liqour a day and telling myself it's helping me drop my suboxone dose and not feel as bad and it deffinitaly was I got all the way down to a .25mg dose a day that's an 8th of the 2mg strip I get by folding it in half tear it fold it in half again and again but I'm now up to 1 liter of liquor a day and starting to wake up with shakes so I would drink to make them go away then eventually waking out of my sleep shaking and feeling some extreme anxiety so I would drink myself back asleep untill the cycle was so vicious I couldn't sleep deep or enough and couldn't eat waking every hour to drink and sleeping between getting very ill I decided I was going to die if I had to go through this another day but I was scared and didn't want to go to the hospital and baker act myself for detox so I held out for weeks thinking every day could be my last till the point where I couldn't hardly stand and was just begging for someone do drive me there so I got there cried and lost every ounce of my pride was addmitted into their behavioral health center and it wasn't fun but 3 days later I was headed home and into an outpatient program no more suboxone no more alcohol felt like sh*t and probably should have been an inpatient but I actually wanted it this time and continued on clean for 8 months before I had a drink or opiate but eventually I did relapse now I'm still to this day using opiates on occasion and not physically dependant but I should know by now how slippery of a slope that really is but I still havnt learned and plan to start back into an outpatient program again tomorrow before its too late so this is why you DO NOT drink on suboxone and DO NOT drink if your an addict
Sorry guys for no punctuation or anything I'm super lazy and typed this fast on my phone but thanks for listening

Thank you so much for sharing. You should try to get help again. I did find your post useful. Thank you. I did have trouble reading because of the lack of punctuation but I got through it. Try to get the help again, I am going to as well.

Yep that's what I said in the end if u actually read it all but n e ways I went back to detox for 72hrs then jumped into outpatient and meeting everyday still clean sober and happy as ever how bout u?