Hello! I have heard various stories about kidney transplant and kidney dialysis. I just want to know which one is better. I have not any kidney problem; I just want to learn new things. I am not expert in medicine field, but I have heard that you know much. I really hope that you will know something more about this because I am very interesting for this subject. Thanks!

Hello! Well, I can tell you that kidney transplant is better solution. You know, nothing can replace healthy kidney. You take kidney dialysis once per a day; ad healthy kidney works whole day. There is small possibility that body will not accept new kidney, but that is not case very often. Hope this helps you!

I would like to know the economic aspects of transplantation and dialysis.Which one is economically better?

I work in kidney transplant reporting the data to the national database (UNOS). I recently did an essay on dialysis vs. kidney transplant for my degree. This is somewhat dependent on your current health situation and prognosis but to make a long story short, kidney transplant has a bigger cost initially but it is actually cheaper than dialysis. If you live for 41/2 years after your transplant, the savings is a net $42,000 a year under the cost of dialysis. Transplant is also a better long-term solution. Hope this helps!