Hi, guys. My father is 72 years old and he keeps forgetting things. Doctors suspect he suffers from dementia. I have never thought this could happen to him. I would like to find out how long life expectancy for someone with dementia is. Can you help me with this? I would appreciate it.

Hello. Neurologists make difference between dementia which starts before the age of 65 and the one that has onset after the age of 65. It is good that your father is older than 65. I think that dementia is in a way normal for this age. It is rare that older people do not forget things. You can find some drugs and products on the market that improve memory. In fact, they improve blood circulation to the brain, so it can function better. You should consult a neurologist for more details. I hope he will give you more necessary info. Good luck!