What can you guys tell me about AIDS? Once someone has full blown AIDS, what can you say about their life expectancy? I realize that this depends on many other factors in addition to simply having AIDS, but I am hoping for some general guidelines. Thank you for your help!

I read something about this very subject the other day, and the good news is that someone with AIDS has an average life expectancy of 24 years in the United States now. I am sure that this figure will go up even more with Obama's new healthcare plan for America, because previously uninsured citizens will now have better access to healthcare.

Life expectancy has gone up for those with aids, this is true enough. But the cost of the care people with aids need has also risen drastically! Did you know that the annual (!!!) cost of caring for someone with aids in America is now a whopping $25,000? Multiply that by the 24 years someone with aids is expected to live, and I am sure that you get an amount that is bigger than most peoples' mortgages...