A casual acquaintance of mine is expecting a baby who has trisomy 13. I really want to know more about this. I know that trisomy 13 is a very serious condition, and if what I have heard before is correct, then these children don't live for very long. What is the life expectancy for babies born with trisomy 13?

The baby might not make it through birth but if so, 15 yrs maybe

I guess this a a better answer:
Of the surviving children, approximately:
28% die in first week
44% die in first month
86-91% die in first year

Hi there,
Trisomy 13 is a genetic condition where person has three copies of genetic material from chromosome 13, instead of the usual two copies. There are several things that are characteristic for this condition. For instance you might notice close-set eyes which can fuse together in to one, also there can be decreased muscle tone and there can be occurrence of extra fingers or toes. The fact is that this is very complicated disorder which will need much attention from parents. Unfortunately the fact is that almost 80% of newborns with this condition die in first year. I hope this helped you few questions that you had. Be there for your friend when she needs support.

Best wishes,
Marco

i have an son daniel with full trisomy 13 and his 2 1/2 now done had open heart surgery may 9. he also has an twin sister

theres sopport groups out there trisomyb 18 mommies and soft also living with trisomy 13 you'll be sock of all the kids that are living with trisomy