I need some liver disease blood screening test info-the thing is that my husband's dad had an car accident 10 days ago and he needed to have an urgent blood transfusion so there was my husband with the same blood group but it turned out that his blood showed he is seek from hepatitis C and he even didn't know that for he never had no liver disease symptoms. I now am terrified for I might be having also the same thing-do you think this liver disease is sexually transmitted and what I am terrified the most is that we have 6 months year old baby so I wonder if she could be having now the same liver disease and what is the liver disease blood testing? Thanks!

You shouldn't be panic that much for it is very rare that this liver disease is sexually transmitted it is usually transmitted through contaminated blood while blood transfusion or even liver transplantation is being performed. And someone could have hepatitis C for decades without even knowing it but at the same time the virus could be transmitted. Anyway my advice for you would be to have some liver disease blood test done and if it turns out you are HCV positive I recommend you do some liver biopsy just to determine how much this liver disease is serious in your case or even better in your husband's case for it is now known he has life-threatening liver disease so once you get the liver disease blood test as well as the liver biopsy than the right treatment could be determined which is the very important step in approaching situation like this.