I have gained so much weight on methadone. Is it possible to lose the weight? and if so, how?

Not everyone gains weight when they go on methodone, but some do. You happened to be one of them. This is because methodone improves your appetite and health and so you tend to eat more. Methodone can also slow your metabolism and cause water retention which leads to weight gain.
You can control the weight gain by choosing. healthy foods that are high in fiber such as whole grains and plenty of fruits and raw veggies, Excercise regularly. If you nourish your body and keep yourself excercised you'll keep the pounds off and you will feel better.
Just eat wisely, don't pile on the food, stay away from sweets and chips and soda. You really have to treat this as if you were on a diet.
Get into a routine of not eating a lot of crappy fattening foods and eat in moderation with no snacking in between.

Your weight loss tips are wonderful for someone WHO'S BODY IS NOT COMPROMISED FROM METHADONE. The USUAL methods of healthy eating and weight loss have failed methadone users time and time again.

Please do some research on this. Many, many, MANY methadone users have tried to eat well and exercise, but the body (while on methadone) won't let go of the weight. Many people complain of trying over and over and over to lose the weight according to healthy, balanced eating and exercise programs, but end up feeling like failures because these 'normal' methods of weight loss are (very often) not effective while the body is still ingesting methadone.

So, what should you do? TALK WITH YOUR DOCTOR OR NUTRITIONIST. I believe that you'll get some REAL and useful answers from a professional that specializes in this area.

Good luck!

I am curious to see if Nutridone might work. I am on 35mg and I just had a baby. I am not losing ANY weight just naturally. I still look pregnant!!!

I have always been around 140 lbs after getting on methadone in Dec. 2011 @ age 30 I have gained 50lbs. My metabolism has seemed to lower along with my respiratory system. I worry that it will be impossible to loose without first getting off the program?

It's the same in my case! I am eating usualy very low...let's say like a bird cuz methadone dont makes me wanna eat but i gained 10 kilograms !!??
How=???why??

Eat small healthy meals and small healthy snacks in between those meals.

I have gained 70 pounds on methadone!! I've tried everything! I am looking into treatment for detox. It has been long enough for me...not just the weight gain a lot of health issues. There seems to be NO answers on how to lose methadone weight.

you are so right. Ive tried everything,the Methadone makes it impossible for the body to lose any weight at all. Maybe a couple lbs if you're lucky.