ive been on methadone for 5 yrs.... allthough im sober ive got a big FAT-BELLY and HUGE FAT BREAST'S which ive never had until starting methadone... i have vigerously ate healthy and work out 3-4 days a week doing , cardio- stregth training with jillian mikells sorry about spelling.. and shes no joke.. ive even done palotese.. for my belly and i have a double chin..(where did that come from ) ive always been a size 2 or 5 with NO -ASS OR BREAST's... NOW I AM AT .. AND MAINTANE A WOPPING 165LBS AND I GOT DOWN TO 137LBS WITH SWEAT AND TEARS AND BASICALLY EATING SALMON , AND BROCCALLI (SUCKS) LOOKED PRETTY GOOD. only to wake up one day fat again !!!!!! ever sense about a year im back working out and eating my same fish and braccoli and cant loose it !!!!! its not that im getting older and its hard to loose,, and i dont want to here (well u had 2- kids) anymore.... there are skinny women with 5 children over the age of 35.. is getting off the methadone the only answer , thats not an opption i tried that and went rite back to speed balls and took off for A Month.... now i heard a liver detox might help, "cause thats where the methadone goes" but i cant detox out the methadone....... im also on adderall " which by the way is SUPPOSED to meke u loose wieght" but not me..... does anyone know if anything wiil help ??? maybe going down in miiligrams to a certain lower # with out going off completely??? im very depressed.. its really running my life cause i L O V E fasion" im a self proclaimed fasionista" they do not make the cloths i like and if they do u actually have to pay more, and nothing looks good..... i still have all my size 2-5 cloths that i refuse to get rid of...and i cry when i look at them......isnt there a magic pill yet???, i mean come on ,, they can fly people to the moon!!!!! i just want to feel confident again..!!!!! I have a double chin , i have to where granny huge ass bras- and i have horrible posture now, ... i used to stand tall???? so my question is is it defenetly the methadone and am i doomed???? AMBER-LEIGH----

I have been on methadone for a year and a half now. I gained about 20 lbs once I got on methadone, I probably needed to gain some of that weight cuz i was doing dope all day... I wasn't exactly healthy. But I would like to lose 10 lbs and fit into my cute clothes again. I too love fashion and designer jeans just don't look good with a big ass. I have always been thin, until methadone, I am not overweight but I am also not comfortable where I am at. I understand where you are coming from.

I have heard that lowering your dose will help. I am going to start lowering this week I hope. I am currently at 80 MG. I read a posting of someone who dropped 2.5 mg twice a week and was dropping weight easily. I also read that methadone causes a lot of water retention one person said they switched to suboxone and almost immediatley dropped 10 lbs probably of water weight. I do agree that I have definatley felt bloated all the time since being on methadone. I have thought of trying suboxone because you dont have to go to a clinic and you dont gain weight like the methadone. I started running about 3 weeks ago, and eating healthier, and I think I have gained and lost the same 3 pounds. Hopefully dropping my dose will help. Also I was going to get back on adderall, for my ADD, but I know in the past I've lost weight with the adderall. I have never taken it with methadone, does in not have the same effects? Anyway... good luck with your weight loss. I would look into suboxone, or trying dropping your dose. That's my plan I think. Good luck!

Amber I FEEL UR PAIN!! I'm on 200mg a day and gained 60 sloppy lbs. I weigh more than wen I was 9 mos prego! People say diet and exercise...that's BS it don't matter. Ur gonna hafta go down on mgs. I'm torn if I should do the same or just suck itup and be sober and fat. Bcc there is no option 4 me of getting off it id be rite bak to pawning my jewelry to stay unsick for the nite. I prob shouldn't put mdone down bc its an AMAZING drug. I just wish the weight gain wasn't so huge (no pun intended) good luck and don't worry ur not alone I too need the jaws of life to get in and out of my jeans.

***this post is edited by moderator *** *** private e-mails not allowed **
Please read our Terms of Use

to those of you who wrote im so greatful, im greatful for your time u gave to write to me , and im greatful im not the only one going through this... and i must say im greatful to be sober today.... so with that said, im scared to go down, ive always been one to go upp- and then go downnn, i dont know it seems im always trying second guess it like im never satisfied..... but many of the post i read recommended i drop down, so maybe i will very slowlyyyy, i was at 175 mgs and dropped down to 90 i went down 2 mgs twice a week and rite at 90 mgs started getting nausious and belly pain so the nurse stoped me and i havent tried going down again,.. some of the girls are only on like 25 mgs.... how do they do that???? i feel like i really need it... yes i am on adderall and it seems to not give the same effects when your on the methadone, and it doesnt help stop the eating or loose weight. so i hope everyone stays sober and healthy and looses all the weight they want.. and i just have to remember how methadone has saved my life, even with a few x-tra lbs....its really nice to know i have women like you , even though i cant see you........ peace.........amberleigh.....

Your story is sooo much like my own but i have great news for you as I posted on a different thread. I searched and searched and searched. I did every diet, worked out, ate right, I tried diet pills over the counter and then prescribed, I tried everything, no adderal did not work. Phentermine did not work. Acai berry did not work. I tried to find 1 person that lost weight on methadone, to no avail. And I am proud to report that I finally found a way. I was watching the news while doing crunches before bed one night and I saw a small segment on HCG. I did the research and decided I had nothing to lose. This is just the nutshell, I can help you if you need it but I dont even know if anyone reads this anymore so let me just tell you that 7 days ago i weighed 172 pounds. Day 7 (today) I weighed in at 157 pounds!!!! You can expect to lose anywhere from half pound to 3 pounds daily, yes daily. This is no gimmick. Its not a fad diet, in fact its been around for 60 years. I do not work for any company promoting this. I was just like you and nobody ever had any solution. After years of trying I was lucky enough to be watching the news and here I am. It works. Im living proof. Not only does it work but works fast. If anyone wants to talk about it just let me know. Yes there is hope!!!! :-D

mymichelle37, i would LOVE to know how you lost methadone weight gain. this is terrible, i am 50lbs heavier than ive ever been in my whole life. ive always been a size 0-2. i was literally a size 0 when i was 5 1/2 mths pregnet w/ my daughter! and i was on methadone then, but RIGHT after having my daughter by emergency c-section, i gained 30lbs literally in less than a month!! and i keep getting bigger, slowly, but i cant take it anymore. lowering my dose isnt helping either. ive tryed everything, even the anitdepressent welburtrin which is possibly going to be approved as a weight loss drug. HELP ME!! please!!

I have been on methadone for a year now and my weight is out of control! I have always been very small so my confidence is very low. I do not like to go outside of my home at all. I have 2 children so it is very hard for me to stay "out of sight". I was reading mymichelle37 has found a way to lose weight on methadone and I would love to know how. Like her, I have tried everything including prescription weight loss meds. I eat very healthy and jog 6 to 8 miles everyday and havent lost a pound! I have been exercising like this for 6 months straight! Please help!  

please help me loose weight is the hcg still working is the hcg you get at wal mart

PLEASE HELP ME IVE ALWAYS BEEN SKINNY! IM ONLY ON 24 MG OF METHADONE AND HAVE GAINED 50 POUNDS AND I EXCERCISE LIKE A MANIAC AND EAT LOW CARB LOW FAT! HELP ME LINA  ***this post is edited by
moderator *** *** private phone numbers not allowed***
Please read our Terms of Use

what is it that u know about losing weight on methadone

i dont know when that was posted but please tell me how to lose the weight. what is hcg and where do i get it? i have an extra 60 pds from methadone to lose

Is that HCG in a pill form? I have the same problem I am on Methadone I started at 130 now I am up to 190. I can not stop the methadone I will just relapse and don't want to do that. but I do not want to be so fat if I do not do something now It will get so much out of control I will not be able to handle it at all..my face is fat my butt and hips are bigger than ever, I hate to even try on cloths, so anymore I mostly wear jogging pants. I hate it. I know the dr. at the methadone clinic said to me it slows your metabolism down so slow that it is very hard to loose weight.

IM IN THE SAME BOAT GIRLFRIEND! I HAVE A EATING DISORDERR AND I HAVE A SMOOTHIE FOR BREAKFAST AND A SALAD FOR DINNER AND WAS 125 WHEN I STARTED METHADONE SIX MTHS AGO AND NOW IM 185! THE HEAVIEST IVE EVER BEEN OMG! ITS WATER RETENTION! IM GOING TO TAKE PAIN PILLS TWO DAYS A WEEK TO SEE IF THAT WILL HELP ME LOSE! BTW IM ONLY ON 25 MG OF METHATDONE! I KNOW GOING DOWN HELPS BUT IM SO LOW ANYWAY!

I really would love to know what worked for you! I have been on methadone for 2 yers and am heavier than I have ever been and I am a pretty active person and it is rather depressing! Please help! :) thanks!