I HAVE A FRIEND WHO EATS LAXITIVES EVERYDAY LIKE CANDY
15-20 PILLS AT A TIME SHE DOES EAT THEN TAKES THEM
WHAT ABOUT HER HEALTH AND SHOULD SHE SEE A DR, AND GET BLOODWORK DONE.........
CAN YOU REALLY OVERDOSE ON THEM? CAN LAXITIVES CAUSE LIVER DAMAGE? WHAT MEDICAL ISSURES CAN DERIVE FROM THIS ABUSE? :'(

Laxative abuse is a very serious disorder. The disorder occurs by regular laxative use in order to loose weight but this weight loss is actually just a myth. Their use is usually followed by binge eating and the users believe that the laxatives will help the food go quickly through the intestines not keeping any calories which rarely happens.

Many problems could occur due to laxative abuse. It could lead to dehydration which further causes tremors, weakness, blurry vision, fainting, kidney damage, etc. it could also lead to upset in mineral balance and make one lose necessary levels of sodium, potassium, magnesium, and phosphorus needed for nerves and muscles functioning. What is even worse, laxative abuse could cause internal organ damage of colon, liver or lead to colon infections, or IBS.

Your friend obviously have an eating disorder and if she is younger you should report this to her parents for her own sake and if she is older, you need to let her know that she needs professional help. People who suffer from eating disorders have also other mental problems and need psychiatrists or psychologists to help them overcome the problem.

Although laxative abuse is very serious and dangerous; you can lose a lot of weight by abusing laxitives.

Well I am not really sure what you can do to lose weight that works great meaning keeping it off because me I have weight problems also I have tried a few things that helped me to lose weight and yes I keep it off the only thing is I love food and cannot stick to a diet for more that a week without cheating. Anyway here are some things you can do to help you lose weight and you can keep these pounds off I still got mine keep off. 1. There is this thing called a grapefruit diet you can google search it oh yea it's not were u starve yourself u can eat a much as you want but you only eat meat and veg. oh also fruit. 2. Three day fad diet its only three days it's very low in cal so don't do it on a school day and if you only do it 2 days you can still lose at least 5lbs or more. 4. Alternate day eating was you eat every other day this is for the overweight adults not for anyone under the age of 18 because you need energy for things like school. Me personally I need to get into a gym and work out to tone up I am 5'10 and 155lbs so not really overweight but I would mind losing about 5-10lbs or so and the best way for me would be to excise because I love food to much. 5.taking apple cider vinegar before meals is another way to help with weight loss it curves up appetite so you don't eat that much at meal time and for those of you that had success with weight loss it's another good way to keep the weight off. 6. The last thing would be to drink green tea it also speeds up metabolism and helps with weight loss so your body is burning more fat. Remember never take those drugs they don't really work and can often times do more harm then good this is coming form someone who mom is a doctor. Another thing to keep in mind when dieting and trying to lose weight is that if u stay on a diet more then 3 days u will be slowing down you metabolism so the 3 day diet and alternate day eating wood be best because you will be tricking your body to think you are not on a diet and when you are. Basic you are getting fewer cal then you body is use to without slowing down your metabolism so therefore you will be losing weight.

FOR SOMEONE THAT IS AN RN STUDENT YOU ARE NUTS TO GIVE ADVISE ABOUT EATING EVERY SECOND DAY!!!! THAT IS MESSED RIGHT UP.

:? maybe you need to look into some health classes.
Women get so desperate and look at the Sh$! we put our selfs through. If you continue to hurt your bodie and mind, think what kind of pain you will be causing when your loved ones are standing by your hospital bed side as the Doctors have full control over what goes in your body. Is is worth putting your self and your loved ones through this?

I don't mean to sound harsh but would you abuse the ones you love the way you are abusing yourself. Eating disorders in any fashion are a sure sign of abuse as a child. Deal with your issues and love yourself.

Eat healthy, breath, and exercise. thats the three components to a healthy life.

You should never look as dieting as a diet. Always think of it as a New Life Style. Change things up never get bored eating the same old thing. I am a 23 year old female and I am 5'3 and weigh 232 I just started weight watchers. Is only been a week I do my first weigh tomorrow the 9th of march 2010. So I find out how much I have lost my goal was three pounds. Weigh loss when you are heavy is lifelong not just a few weeks. Sure there are diets you can try that you lose weight very quickly but the slower the better you can keep it off. And don’t set too big of a goal for yourself you don’t want to get letdown be realistic with yourself. I would love to be 130 pounds but that would not be realistic. My goal right now no matter how long it may take me is to be under two hundred. and that is still a big goal but under 200 I will still be very heavy. Your weight is mind set. When your mind is made up you can do anything. If you’re not ready it isn’t happening. Hold your head high and be proud of who you are. I have a three year old daughter and I am doing this for her and her health and well being what she sees me do she will do as well. The thing I am really having the most trouble with right now would be exercise the thought makes me sick I don’t know why I know I need to. And it would help me lose that much more weight but I can’t stand thinking about it. Some of you might be thinking why is this fat girl on here TRYING to give advice when she is a big as a house well to answer that. This helps me be confident in me it reminds me I am doing the rights things to change my life style. And I am proud of myself to have made it to the point of really wanting to do something about my weight. Since I started my meeting 7 days ago I have not had a SODA of any kind and this is the SODA QUEEN typing. Its different when you’re EATING TO LIVE NOT LIVING TO EAT it’s a whole new world you can open your eyes to. Trust me all I used to think about is food and still do sometimes but I think is that really worth everything I have all ready done to start my new life style yes its hard and yes there are temptations and yes my daughter was McDonalds and sure I want some as well but I have to stop and remember portion control. I can eat what I want to. I am not staving or wishing I can have one thing I have it just in moderation it’s all about portion control. Instead of a Big Mac meal I get a Happy Meal I can have fries or I can have apples with a milk. Staving yourself is the worst thing you could do. If your body thinks it is not getting enough it stores fat it thinks it isn’t going to get anything else. You will gain your weight back if not more. Diet Pills are a no no. They really suck yes you lose weight but you gain twice as much back. Well if someone reads this I may never know but I sure do feel better about myself.... :D :D :D :D :D :D

Well I'm feeling really crappy about all this, I'm 24, 5'9 and 196 lbs. A couple months ago I started counting calories. Not really a diet, I eat whatever I want, pretty healthy, small meals throughout the day, low fat dairy, and i use the juicer. just try to keep it at around 22000 cals. I lost ten lbs, slowly, at around 2 lbs a week. But i thought that was the best way. Went back to work and school and stopped counting. Gained back all ten lbs in a week in a half! Do I really have to count calories the rest of my friggin life?! I work out regularly and am starting to think I will be overwieght forever.