Today happened something strange to me. When I was eating, I got pain in my stomach as someone punched me in. When I calmed down like an hour later, I was left with a massive amount of gas rumbling in my intestines. In addition, I had terrible taste and smell in my mouth that came from my stomach. Has anyone experienced this and if so can you tell me what it could be.

I am sorry that I have to say I have never experienced the same thing, but I think I might give you explanation. Since I am a little bit into medicine because of all my problems, I know something about stomach. I believe what you had was problem with gastroesophageal reflux. That might be reason for smell and taste from your stomach. If you want to understand this, you need some info about anatomy. Esophagus is part of our digestive system that connects mouth and stomach. It is connected strongly; looking like stomach just continues this tube. On that place, muscles are grouped in ring that stops food to go back to esophagus. Maybe yours let small amount of stomach acid and half-absorbed food to go up to your mouth. That could be reason for smell and taste, and you could go to the doctor and ask what to do.

I HAVE HAD THE SAME THING WITH VOMITING FOR OVER A YEAR,NOW IT IS ALMOST EVERYDAY AND IT STOPS MY LIFE TILL IT GOES AWY. NOW IT IS EVERY OTHER DAY,USED TO BE ONCE A MONTH. IF U FIND A REASONABLE REASON PLS FWD TO ME. I AM UNABLE TO KEEP ANYTHING DOWN USUALLY FOR 1 TO 3 DAYS,BURBS SMELL LIKE ROTTEN EGGS?

The rotten taste is from bile. Maybe you have gallbladder issues.

I have read a/b so many people with my same problem ,,,I gert this like once per year. I found this today and I am really feeling like I found the answer to my problem,,,,,Those with similar issues check Gastroparesis - look this up. I have had the same problem and was out from work yesterday because of it. It starts with the nasty burp smell and that is like the red flag that all hell is about to break lose. The pain is unbelievable. Sometimes it lasts 3 days. I have found that taking Phaysime-sp? Does elevate some of the pain and once or twice stopped the situation from progressing to all out misery. I still was very sick until I vomited and had a bowel movement. It seems like whatever causes this is like poision in my system. As soon as I vomit and pass everything in my system I am fine. It's just disgusting though and I feel your pain,,,literally! I am wondering if it isnt caused by over eating. Everytime I get this it seems I have eaten more then normal. I had not had a bowel movement in like a week, so it could be that my stomach is not able to move the food down because nothing has moved out. I think the Gastroparesis makes a lot of sense.

Hi Guys. I've had exactly the same thing right now. I can sympatise with you it's horrible. What it is it's a small temporary blockage in your digestive track. Imagine the gas that comes out your backside, it's happening further up, because something is stoping it coming out. This explains stomach cramps and constipation. You basically farting out of your mouth. Gross hu. Anyways the best thing to do is to lay of manmade , processed foods and snacks, and eat natural foods. EAT LOTS OF FIBRE. The best thing to do is try and eat fruit and drink water. This will get your digestive track flowing again, and the gasses\will come out where theyre supposed to. If it doesn't clear up in 48 hours go to your doctor. But I garantee changing your diet to a more natural one will help. :$ :-)

i have that right now, i woke up and it's horriable. i really do not want to throw up as i have had it before and it's the worst smell ever.

i'm having my 2nd bout in 2 years.... after a 10 year drought.  I get the nasty nasty burps that make me shudder when they escape, and I know the next 24 hours are going to suck.  

doctors put me on a medication in 1995 called propulsid, which seemed to help.  then in 2002 or so it got pulled off the shelves, and i decided to not try anything new.  To my suprise, I didn't get sick!  The change I made was simply my diet. I started lifting weights, and as many weightlifters suggest, I started eating smaller meals 5 times a day instead of 3 big ones.  That was all it took!

I went through years of going to doctors and being told it was stress, it was this, it was that, but no one ever pinpointed it until I ate irradiated eggs and sat around getting xrayed all afternoon.   Then of course came medication. 

Now the only times it has happened in 10 years has been 2 times when I've gone on crazy binges and just eaten everything all day long.  I've done this more than twice in the last 10 years, but I guess only food has gotten me all clogged up twice.  

I think it's time to clean up my diet once again so I can get rid of this horribleness once and for all.

Good luck to everyone, hope this helps someone out.  It was insanely frustrating not getting an answer for so long only to find out a simple change in diet was all it took. 

I had the same type of symptoms for a number of years and it seems to come and go. When it first started i got bad tasting burps then i would go to bed and not be able to sleep and toss and turn. I would have no real cramps or anything, but would get naseua and then final vomit. Then it would turn to the runs:( i would actually have to sleep in the bathroom it was so bad and still would vomit. It only started 4 yrs ago and cannot find anything wrong with my glabladder, but they put on me on some med which seems to help a bit when i feel it starting. It usd to last  days and i could not keep any food or anything in me. Now it lasts for a day or so although the last three times it has occured it has caused severe back pain. i just had a bout of it yesterday while i am in Turkey and it was awful. just small little burps of bile tasting , then hours later whammo...i always take prilosic and now some prochlorperazine which is for the nausea and i think another maybe called "tigan"not sure as i just put some pills in my little pill case and left the bottles at home, but the one pill is what they give chemo patients for nausea so it is pretty pricey. i also take a little white pill which placed under my tongue and disolves, but again the name is at home on the bottle. It is for relaxing the stomach and ease spasms..Alli know is that it is horrible and i have always drank lots of water...I will post again with the names of my medication once back in the states. Mine might seem to occur when i do not eat a lot,as i have not had lots of food and i just got the small burps again and trying to put lots of  my medicines and fruit  in me to see if i can stop it before it starts. i feel for everyone  who has this:(

Sean

I googled " I can taste inside my stomach " and i know exactly why im feeling shitty. dehydration, Well I do say I feel a bit better now.. and my stomach tasted like mountain dew for a minute unlike the other day ( bile acidic tasting ). three days ago i drank 4 strong beers and 1 glass short of a bottle of wine.. after taking a shower i spent the next four hours or so vommitting. and after the shortest sleep ever I spent the whole morning drinking liquids, mostly juice as sink water isnt that great. so i feel fine yesterday and part of today.  halfway through the day my stomach feels upset , I felt nausea and started walking to and back from the washroom thinking im going to puke.. but everytime i spit i feel better. and everytime i burped i sorta felt worse or the same. I decided it was time to have a shower, my dumbass thought it was a good idea to smoke some marijuana in a steam filled room before taking the shower, so smoking, the steam or both made me vomit and then i had that shower. and i smoked a bit more marijuana after my shower. I don't know what i did right.. I'm thinking my stomach was still upset from the alcohol, the steam dried my skin and the drugs dried my mouth and lungs... that the extreme dehydration finally got me to vomit the last of the alcohol out of my system. I feel normal its so lovely

My child called me FART FACE .The gas coming from out of my mouth was worse than you could iimagine , and yes that stench, was coming from the other end too .I could actually feel gas pressure building up in my stomach and i swore I was going to spontainiously combust . No joke ! After hours and hrs of this "death gas" came the bowel movements (which can only be described with four letter words and Pain) are not quite diahrea but pale and almost creamy .Totally gross I iknow and probably way t m i but to everyone out there, go get some PROBIOTICS. Live cultures,natural enzimes your stomach needs. Helped me out like right now !! And also iI don"t have to sleep outside anymore.. Seriously . Me eating WAY too much of any one thing is my trigger. Go to Wallgreens and try em.

the same thing happens to me, it's called acid reflux,nothing serious,just take vitamin b12 and tums or pepto bismol,happens when u have an irrefular diet pattern,this happens to me when i drink and don't eat regular.

Greetings everyone,

I have had experience with the "bile burps" as well, and I find that anything with ginger in it helps... i.e. ginger ale, ginger snaps, grated ginger (suck on it raw), ginger tea (boil water and cut up fresh ginger in it, can add honey for taste), and eating the fruits and fibers listed above.

I hope it helps someone!!!

I have all this & my galbladder was taken out in 98. This just started with me recently. & really bothering me. & i take 2 stomach med. Already. Doesn't touch this. I want to vomit just to see if it will go away. But don't want that in my mouth. Any suggestions????

Something tells me you should go to the doctor.