I am 9 weeks 5 days pregnant and have had a loss of appetite since right before I found out I was pregnant. I used to have a healthy appetite, but now I have to force myself to eat. I am having nausea and vomiting, which seems to be letting up just a little bit. Is loss of appetite normal for some pregnant women? I am really concerned about this and just want to get back to normal.

Loss of appetite and food aversion are very common in early pregnancy. It should ease off around 10-12 weeks

I noticed a loss of appetite at 5 weeks and now Im at 8 weeks and I have to force myself to eat for the health of my baby. I have been seeing an acupuncturist and he suggested eating these salty/sweet/sour dried plums which can be found in Asian supermarkets in the snack section. In Chinese they are pronounced as wah-muy and have helped encourage my appetite when Im not feeling hungry or repulsed by the thought or scent of food. They actually taste pretty good and help a lot!

this post makes me feel normal now! i'm almost 8 weeks and im always hungry but yet cant seem to eat much. i have a little nausea but no vomiting so i figured "why cant i eat?" i force myself to eat some things because i know i have to, but im glad to know its temporary and im not crazy!

I'm so glad I'm not alone with this symptom!I am 9 weeks along and rarely have an appetite.. It's weird though, because my stomach is always hungry, but pretty much ALL food repulses me. I've stuck to light foods when I know I need to eat, but am not hungry. (oatmeal, applesauce, fruit, veggies, and some cheeses.) I can't wait to crave something for once!