hi, I am posting because I'm not quite sure if I'm making something out of nothing or if I should being contacting my doctor.

three days ago I had a bought with I assumed was a normal stomach bug. The family had been passing it around and it just happened to be my turn. It was a rather mild thing, a day of diarreha and a bit of dizzyheadness and the next day I woke up and for the most part felt fine. That was until I went to eat just some soup and crackers knowing that to eat something heavy would be asking for trouble. I started to eat and felt instantly sick to my stomach again, more in a vomitting way than the day before. So I stopped, grabbed a glass of water instead and went about my day. I went a whole day without feeling hungry at all and the smell/sight of food made me feel sick again.

Coming up on three days since the acutal day of sickness I still do not feel hungry. I eat cause I know I should, but i can only manage a few bites before feeling sick to my stomach again. Before this bug I was a pretty eager eater....snacking and eating constantly in the day because my stomach would always be 'growling'... actually I would wake up some nights wanting a snack cause my stomach would once again be growling. So this is not normal for me....but I'm not sure if I am just having the bug longer than the rest of my family had it or if it's not really the same thing that they had at all. I am a 25 year old female... around 128lbs, and usually the only other thing i suffer from is Migranes.

any insight or suggestions would be welcome.

I know how you feeling I got the flu on wednesday and its now saturday and the fever and migraines have turned into an awful stomach ache. I woke up thinking I could eat and i had one piece of toast and i felt sick again. even Ibuphrofin made me sick to my stomach. its torture not beign able to snack on food at all. did u get over your bug yet?

I am going through a similar experience. The family passed around a day and a half stomach bug, vomit and dhiarea once then all ok the next day. I'm on my 4th day and still have no appetite. Still really nausious too. I wonder if this is more common then i'm worried about?

This is so strange! i'm starting to think i'm nuts! for 3 days now, i can't eat more than some broth and maybe some saltines and then i get violently nauseous. the only thing that makes me feel better is vomiting and i HATE that. i have a vicious headache too. but in the am, like right now, i feel fine. so i'm going to work. repeat performance of yesterday, although 3 hours after getting there, i was in a cab coming home becuase i felt so sick. i do not have diarrhea, but my stomach feels gassy. like if i burp i'm good, but if not, every time i breathe in it feels like it does after a huge meal when you've eaten so much you can't breathe! now i'm on this ridiculous kick that i'm pregnant, but i'm on the pill, so i think it's unlikely (although possible i suppose). friends of mine were here on saturday night and they are getting over an awful stomach flu, but i definitely don't have it to their extent! does anyone know what this is?

iv just stumbled accross this, i feel exactly the same, 6 days now of i cud eat, but when i do i feel sick sick sick. it must just b the type of bug, i was gettin worried that my tummy was broken. i hope it sorts itself out soon tho!

About 3 or 4 days ago I had a simple flu bug(so I thought.) I had a terrible stomach ache, dizzy, and extremely tired. The next morning when I woke up I was completely fine, except NO APPETITE. The sight and smell of food make me sick, and if I try to eat something I get nausous and feel like throwing up--but don't. I'm also very exhausted. Is this common?

I got sick and threw up on thursday. Here it is tuesday and my appetitie sucks. my doctor put me on the brat diet (bananas, rice, apples and toast i think) well, i snuck and had some rice krispies i was so hungry but then when i ate it it made me feel sick. I also wake up in the middle of the nite feeling extremely tense, and when i wake up in the morning i always throw up, except for today. I basically feel like c**p, and I have to go to work tomorrow.

I have the same problem, had a 48 hr flu and now 3 days later i still can't eat, what's going on!!! I found this forum in a google search but there are no answers posted... someone help!

i know only mine is worse i feel like my stomach is eating itself but my body wont eat

My family had it started on xmas eve day, and it went through like wildfire. 5 days after xmas i started feeling nausea's every time i ate food. Thats how i felt for 2 WEEKS!!! for 2 weeks i felt nausea's after eating food, sometimes unbearable but never vomited or went to the bathroom. finally this past tuesday i got the vomiting and diarrhea it only lasted a day on tuesday from like 5 am to 4 pm. wens. i took a rest day and thursday i went back to work. Its now saturday, 4 days after the day i was vomiting, and im back to the way i was before everytime i eat i feel nausea's and all i been eating is the BRAT diet. is anyone else feeling this way?

Relax. The stomach flu is seriously unpleasant and its effects might last for a few days. We're all familiar with the "24 hour" bug and think we should be better a day or two later. That probably won't be the case. You may be tired, your appetite may not be totally normal, but that's ok. Just take care of yourself, replace those fluids, get some sleep and you'll feel well soon enough. If feeling lowly really persists, obviously visit a doctor.

I got the 24-hr bug on Sunday, today is Wednesday and my appetite is very minimal but from all experience with this bug in the past i know its cycles. One reason you have a poor appetite is becuase if you nothing stays "down" your stomach muscles are being worked to their maximum. Now after a few days you have to take care of yourself like the previous guest mentioned! Get lots of rest and drink lots of water! This is my own perception, so please do not take this as a diagnosis, and if in doubt please visit your doctor and ask questions.

Take care

Yeah, I'm having a similar problem. Three days ago I suddenly felt overwhelmingly nauseous. I thought maybe it was due to a lack of proper nutrition, but I soon found myself throwing up all day long. I stopped throwing up by the end of the day, but I also began having diarrhea. Ew, right?

Since three days ago I've had diarrhea but no more throwing up. Not to be gross, but I've never had diarrhea this long, ever.

Food still makes me sick to my stomach to even look at. I eat some protein and foods high in fat (which help to rid diarrhea, though I suppose that's out of my control until the bug is gone) just because I know I'm supposed to be eating. Two seconds after eating I wish I hadn't because I feel sick to my stomach all over again. Ugh.

So basically, I feel your pain. I feel slightly better each day but I just wish the diarrhea would be gone and my appetite would return. I've already lost nine pounds in these three days alone. So maybe it's good for something after all? ;-)

im sooo glad i found this. i had/have a stomach virus thing (or so i believe) one day of constant nausea and vomiting feelings, 2nd day massive headache with no appetite, 3rd day no appetite whatsoever! and from that day for almost that entire week, off and on, i have had almost no appetite. no vomiting, no diarhea, no sick feeling just the avoidance of food. i have anxiety and hypochondria so maybe thats causing it a bit when i think of it but for the most part i cant eat very much. i get hungry sometimes and then i eat, but then i feel like i cant eat anymore its sooo strange. but being a hypochondriac i think im getting cancer or something so im glad im not the only one suffering from no appetit-itis! i hope all of you get over your soon.

My bug has no toilet problems and i have had this for a week and 3 days so far! The problem is the mornings..i cant have a lie in because all the time at 6:30am my bug starts hurting my stomach and causes me to get up and i cant lie back down because the pains wont go till i start moving :-(