I never use this kind of thing but am getting increasingly more worried about my lack of appetite.

Basically without going into too much detail I am 6foot3 and currently weigh 12.7 stone. I used to weigh only 10 and started eating a lot more to put weight on. I have got into lifting weights and have grown. I try and eat a fair bit each day to keep my weight growing and have never had an issue with eating a lot.

Roughly a month ago I went for a meal with my girlfriend, I ordered food and the minute it came I couldn't eat, as I felt rude I tried to eat as much as possible but was having to wash each mouthful down with water and ended up nearly urging. As soon as I left the restaurant and got home I was hungry and ended up making food and eating a meal. I didn't think anything of it and left it down to possibly a dodgy stomach.

This weekend my father came down for a meal in which 15 of us went out to a restaurant. Again I was real hungry until I sat at the table and looked at the menu. I began to feel anxious and had no appetite. I ordered a salad as a main course and struggled to eat half of it. I ended up feeling off all evening and ended the night early despite planning on a night of drinking. The next day I went for breakfast and again I couldn't eat at the table but after leaving I felt hungry with in an hour and grabbed a sandwich which I ate with no issue. I have asked both my parents who have said they had a similar thing when they were younger but I'm worried it could be more serious.

Its now Monday and I have eaten hardly anything. I am back to my old self in the evening, I eat alot and feel fine. If anything I am constantly hungry yet the morning and throughout the day if food is planned I can't eat. I'm yet to eat today and have no appetite what so ever.

Hi! You haven't mentioned your age. As you probably already know Anorexia is characterized by a loss of appetite or lack of desire to eat. But almost any kind of infection can cause you loss of appetite as well. Psychological health, also, plays a big role in your appetite. You should take this seriously and look for a medical advice. Take care.

Taro is a great food to boost your appetite! Have you ever tried taro coconut tapioca dessert? It's delicious! Taro not only increases appetite, but also improves digestion. It contains tons of minerals and vital nutrients, too. Taro can help boost your immune system. You can prepare it as a main dish or as a side dish. Don't eat more than 100 grams per day, as eating too much can cause a sore throat.