I've been getting sick for about two years now. At first it would be once a month I'd start throwing up everything, for about two days, I couldn't sleep because I couldn't lie down, I couldn't eat or drink anything, I had constant rolls of nausea rolling through my body and my hands and legs would start tingling for no reason. If I moved around in my bed it lessened the pain a bit, but if I lay still I'd start throwing up again. It got worse and started lasting for longer and I started getting sick every two weeks. And then it slowed down again, now I rarely have these episodes, only if I don't get enough sleep, or am out somewhere where I can't get home and I start to freak out. Someone told me it's anxiety attacks, so now my brain has latched onto that and it makes it so much worse. I can't drink anymore because it might be alcohol intolerance, only I still get sick even though I don't drink anymore. For the past year it's changed a bit, I am now sick ALL the time. Not as bad as my past episodes, but I am constantly nauseaous, when I wake up in the morning I can't sleep in or stay in bed because I feel so sick that I have to getup immediately becuse laying down makes it worse. I can't eat in the morning. I eat maybe 2 meals a day, one at lunch time and maybe one later on at like 9pm. I very rarely get hungry. I started to force myself to eat 6 small meals a day, and something very small when I first got up, but it's making me hate food because I always feel sick when I eat it. I really hate this. I can't go out with my friends because it makes me feel ill. If I stay out too late then for the next two or three days I'll feel like throwing up all the time so I can't go out. I can't GO anywhere because I'll get sick and have a really bad attack and nothing makes it better. I've tried anti-nausea medication, natural anxiety medication, Panadol, other natural sprays and nothing works. No doctor so far has been able to diagnose it and I'm getting sick of it. I'm only 19 and this thing is ruining my life :-s Please help!

I have had the same thing. I am a 24 year old girl who had been sick for nearly 2.5 yrs. Missed periods, not pregnant-i only get it maybe 3-5 times a year w.light bleeding. Constant Nausea, vomiting especially in the morning 3-4 times a week, always tired but cannot sleep, tingling and numbness in my hands, soreness in my thighs, and sharp lately pain my my lower right abdomen. Cannot drink more than 2 beers w/o horrible stomach pains. I've been to the dr so many times, had blood work, x rays, ultrasounds, nothing...But something is really wrong. I'm really sick and I know i'm not faking it b/c i really dont want to feel like this.

I have the same problem, sort of. For me it only happens once or twice a year, usually around midnight - 9am.
What I find helps is to just vomit and get it over with, sure it's a bit uncomfortable but you will sleep after with no problems. If you know you have to vomit but you can't for some reason, try to induce it. After it's all out it makes your night a whole lot easier.

i'm 24 years old i've i'm feeling very similar. I have been sick on and off for a little over 2 years. I had bad nausea in the morning, to the point that I actually throw up. I gag especially when I brush my teeth. I'm tired all the time, get very dizzy, have missed periods and cannot bring myself to eat for days cause i feel sick to my stomach and the mere thought of food makes my wannna throw up, to overeatting cause i'm starving. My thighs are achy, my hands sweat and my face is always hot. The drs tell me my bloodwork is normal, i've had it done multiple times, ultrasounds are clear- but i'm having them both again this month. I can barely work anymore, but i still try. I always cannot bring myself to go out with my friends, the alcohol makes my stomach terribly sick. It gets especially bad right before i do get my period...that is when i do and i get terribly sick where i cannot get out of my bed for days and i can't stop throwing up.

Iam a 35 year old female , I have had a lot of what your talking about Headakes, weight gaine, unusual mood swingsvomiting or feeling like I will for 2 years mabyee a bit more.

I have moved I have been under a lot of stress in the last year I thought it was that I dont know any more. I feel like Im sick all the time joints hurt head hurts. I thought its just stress I dont know any more.

I go through a bottle of Ibuprofine 200 pills to a bottle every 2 weeks I know thats not good that in its self can cause issues.

Yes I have been to the doctor do they do anything no. I have changed docs several times does any one eles have the same issues.

I wake up in the night sweating to death like ringging wet. Im always hot even when I have a fan on me windows open.

my illness is kind of simular to all of your also. Im 17 years old and all my life i have been suffer from this nausea feeling to. I feel like gagging when im around food or about to eat it or even a thought about it. And some times i do gag in public resturants when i smell food. i just dont know why and right now i still get.

"Cyclic Vomiting Syndrome is a rare unexplained disorder of children and some adults which causes intense suffering in those affected and their families. The disease is characterized by recurrent episodes of severe vomiting, nausea and prostration with no apparent cause. Episodes are self-limited and tend to be similar to each other in symptoms and durations. Occurrences are often not predictable and usually end in a dramatically sudden way regardless of treatment. The child is often in good health and symptom-free between episodes. Dr. Samuel Gee was the first to describe CVS in the medical literature in 1882.(1)

The onset of symptoms occurs in infancy through adulthood but most commonly age 3-7. The disorder can persist for months to decades and each episode may last from hours to 10 days or more (most commonly 1-4 days). Episodes may occur several times a year to several times a month. Males and females alike are affected without regard to family situation or world-wide location. There is often a family history of migraine and the child may have allergies, asthma and/or motion sickness. The disorder frequently fades out during adolescence and also may begin to manifest as migraine headaches.

Symptoms include forceful repeated vomiting and retching, as often as 5-6 times an hour at the peak of an episode. This is accompanied by unrelenting nausea, extreme lethargy and a 'ghastly' pallor. The child usually sleeps around the clock when not vomiting. Patients describe being "possessed" by the episode, being in a stupor, a state of confusion and total exhaustion with no control over their body's reactions. They will resist talking and swallowing both of which cause more nausea and vomiting. Drooling or an accumulation of saliva in the mouth is very characteristic. Thirst is intense even though taking fluids results almost immediately in vomiting. Patients explain that it is better to vomit dilute rather than concentrated gastric acid and the urge to vomit precedes the urge to drink. The vomitus is bile-stained and often bloody from esophageal irritation. There may also be headache, dizziness, low-grade fever, abdominal pain and/or diarrhea. They symptoms of this disorder are frightening to both child and parents and can be life-threatening due to dehydration and electrolyte imbalance. Episodes almost always begin at night or when waking in the morning. At the onset of an episode, the child may be aware of being excited or under positive or negative stress (holidays, birthdays, vacations). Food sensitivities, infections, anaesthetic, physical injury and pain often cause recurrences. Other episodes are random and unpredictable and occur for no apparent reason.

Diagnosis is reached by clinical history after ruling out other causes of recurrent vomiting. There are no laboratory studies, x-rays or other procedures which can be used to diagnose this disorder. A thorough evaluation is of prime importance when making the diagnosis. "CVS is more diffuse in its presentation than adult migraine and takes more time to diagnose, but it is almost as definite when evidence is accumulated." (2)

Treatment is generally symptomatic and supportive with early intervention and a dark, quiet environment for sleep being critical. Hospitalization and IV fluid replacement may be needed during episodes. Medication trials sometimes succeed in finding something to prevent, abort or shorten episodes."

The following was announced in a recent NORD newsletter: Scientists at Ohio State University Medical School and Johns Hopkins Hospital in Baltimore, are studying the causes and possible treatments for Cyclic Vomiting Syndrome. This disorder causes periods of prolonged vomiting in children for no apparent reason, alternating with symptom-free periods. This disorder is sometimes referred to as "abdominal migraine", although there may be no headache accompanying the vomiting.

I have a similar problem. it started when i was 19 and i am now 23. my appetite is nonexistant i almost never get hungry. i am nauseous all the time and sometimes its get bad enough that i throw up saliva because there is nothing in my stomach to throw up. the thought of food or even the thought of having to eat soon makes it worse. food has become my enemy. i went to all kinds of doctors and no one could tell me what was causing it. my hands also shake all the time and are sweaty. i cant go too far from home because i know i will be sick and uncomfortable. if i have to eat, like in a restaurant, ill take two bites and feel unbelievably full and nauseous. i have found only one thing that not only takes the nausea away but also makes you hungry and allows you to eat well....pot. as sad as it sounds its the only thing that helps. if it wasnt for pot i dont think i would of survived because i went days without eating anything, however, i am a nursing student and obviously cant keep using this remedy. i lost a lot of wieght, which i dont have to spare- i weigh 100lbs. i also dont sleep well and sweat a lot in my sleep. if anyone finds a cure for this mysterious condition please post. thank you

im having an episode right now and its been happening for the past 2 years. I hate it so much. i cant explain how it happens, i went to the doctor last time it happened and they gave me anti-nausea medication which helped a little and gave me fluid. I was told it was a 'winter bug' but i know they had no idea, all my blood work came back fine. when i read your cure.. you are too right. I smoke pot and it all goes away. i hate knowing that that is what im relying on to make myself feel better and i want to know how to just feel normal without it. it wakes me up in the morning i vomit about 6 times in an hour, even if there is nothing in my stomach i will gag until something comes up. i'll feel better for a while then i will just get another sudden sweep of nausea. i dont know what to do im constantly feeling tense. when i saw other people have been getting this too, it sucks but it made me feel a little better. anyone has any way they can help please let me know. thanks

I have read all your posts. My son has been going through the same thing for about 3 years now.

He has had many tests. However, we just went to a (new) gastro doctor today and she is doing more tests next week. Please email off the board to find out the results. It may be something that can help all of you.
***

**edited by moderator** **e-mails are not allowed**

I also am experiencing a problem similar to these, and I am also 19 years old. It all started a little more than a year ago, where every morning after drinking I would feel nauseated, dizzy, and was hungry but had no appetite to eat. The thing is, I stopped drinking and it went away. But a little more than a month ago, I was diagnosed with strep throat and took azithromycin. I have a sensitive stomach when it comes to medication, and I am allergic to a lot of antibiotics, so I thought my body was just upset from all the drugs (I also was taking extra-strength acetaminophen atleast 2ce a day to combat the fever). After maybe three days of feeling nauseated, dizzy, loss of appetite, dehydrated, and a tingling sensation in the tips of my fingers, I started to get worried. After 10 days of experiencing these symptoms it slowly started to ease up. For example, the first day I felt these symptoms all day, and around the 10th day it lasted about an hour in the morning. I'm worried because the symptoms have returned starting today, and I have no idea what's going on with my body!!

Wow. I've been suffering from this too. It's only been a month and a half, but i'm so sick of being sick. at the end of june i got diagnosed with a UTI (urinary tract infection). they gave me bactrim and some pain killers, but since then i've been in and out of the emergency room. Before I caught this neverending illness, I weighed 130 pounds, I'm down to 114 pounds now. i also have sharp, intense pains in my lower right abdomen, vomiting, constantly nauseous, cold flashes, headaches, and absolutely no appetite. I went to the emergency room again wednesday. They took another urine sample, blood, and did an x-ray. I was thinking that I had a bacterial ulcer, because I've had them before, but after all the tests came back, my doctor told me the cause of all of this was still the UTI that I unknowingly still had. Of course, a UTI effects the bladder, urethra, ureters, and kidneys., but the kidneys are the most affected during a urinary tract infection.
It is common for a person with a urinary infection to complain that, despite the urge to urinate, only a small amount of urine is passed. The urine itself may look milky or cloudy, even reddish if blood is present. Normally, a UTI does not cause fever if it is in the bladder or urethra. A fever may mean that the infection has reached the kidneys. Other symptoms of a kidney infection include pain in the back or side below the ribs, nausea, or vomiting.

I mean some people wouldn't think they have a UTI with these symptoms, but you can.
Suggest the possibility to your doctor?
Although, if you have a UTI, im pretty sure they see it in your urine.

Hm. I've been having the same episodes for a while now.. I've tried many things but none of them seem to work. Ginger tea might make you feel better. Yes, it's annoying and painful and it stop you from doing the things you need to do in life. I'm 17, female and today I finally decided to go to the doctors.. I'm of Chinese descent and I really don't trust Western medicines or doctors. I prefer Chinese herbalist doctors, they will actually help you and figure out what is wrong with you and actually MAKE you the medicine and cook it for you.

Yes, it's a change from your normal Western doctors and medicines but it's worth a try. Anyways, today I went to the Chinese herbalist doctor and he checked my pulse, felt my right side of my stomach.. pressed on a few spots and asked it it hurt, he asked if I was puking out vile and if pain from my right side of my stomach shot to my back.. he asked if I was drinking large amounts of alcohol .. turns out it might actually be gallstones that are causing the pain. I'm suppose to go back in a few hours to pick up my medicine that he is making, he said I was suppose to take them everyday for a week and see if I get better, so basically I have to drop by everyday to pick it up. You can make this at home on your own stove but I thought it would be more convenient and easier if I payed him to do it. (it doesn't cost much either!)

more info~

What are gallstones?

Gallstones are small, pebble-like substances that develop in the gallbladder. The gallbladder is a small, pear-shaped sac located below your liver in the right upper abdomen. Gallstones form when liquid stored in the gallbladder hardens into pieces of stone-like material. The liquid—called bile—helps the body digest fats. Bile is made in the liver, then stored in the gallbladder until the body needs it. The gallbladder contracts and pushes the bile into a tube—called the common bile duct—that carries it to the small intestine, where it helps with digestion.

Bile contains water, cholesterol, fats, bile salts, proteins, and bilirubin—a waste product. Bile salts break up fat, and bilirubin gives bile and stool a yellowish-brown color. If the liquid bile contains too much cholesterol, bile salts, or bilirubin, it can harden into gallstones.

The two types of gallstones are cholesterol stones and pigment stones. Cholesterol stones are usually yellow-green and are made primarily of hardened cholesterol. They account for about 80 percent of gallstones. Pigment stones are small, dark stones made of bilirubin. Gallstones can be as small as a grain of sand or as large as a golf ball. The gallbladder can develop just one large stone, hundreds of tiny stones, or a combination of the two.

I can relate to y'all. I'm a 24 year old girl and for the last 2 years I, too, have been having issues. I was in and out of doctor's offices and the emergency room. They kept trying to tell me it was stress due to the fact that we're military and move every 2 years and we were once again preparing to move again and my husband was preparing to deploy again. Maybe it was a bit due to stress, who knows? Anyways, when it started out.. it was just at night after dinner. I would eat and maybe 5-10 minutes later I was putting my son to bed as quickly as possible then running to the bathroom to throw up. If I couldn't throw up immediately, I would lay in bed and my heart would be racing! I would get extremely hot, my heart racing, I wouldn't be able to catch my breath and eventually go to the bathroom and throw up/gag myself until I threw up for the next two hours and sleep like c**p. The doctors would make up BS about, "Oh it's an ulcer, try this medicine", "Oh it's this, try this medicine" or sometimes just give me an anti-nausea medication and a glass of water and send me home... after sitting in the emergency room with a 2 year old for 6 hours in the middle of the night... Gotta love military doctors sometimes. (They're not all bad though, don't get me wrong).

Anyways, it came down to them thinking I had appendicitis, my husband was deployed and I was scared that I was going to go to sleep one night and not wake up the next morning. We were in a new town and didn't know many people and I was worried that I wasn't going to wake up in the morning (as in die in my sleep) and something would happen to my son. Dramatic, I know, but if you're going through it then you probably understand. I was at the point that death seemed better than going through it.

So my mom drove six hours and came and picked up me and my son and we spent a month at her house. I came back finally because I was FINALLY!!! able to get into to see a gastroenterologist (pardon my spelling). He diagnosed me having IBS and I thought it was c**p. I didn't get diaherrea all the time, just mostly constipated and throwing up and when I eventually did go I got it but that was maybe once every 2 weeks that I did have a bowel movement. Anyways I had an upper endoscopy done and they said they didn't find anything and they gave me a prescription for librax (generic name: clidinium-diazepoxide), told me to get more fiber into my diet, drink more water and get regular exercise.

I've been trying to do all that (btw--fiber one makes delicious chocolate oatmeal bars that taste like raw cookie dough and they each have 9 mg of fiber which is EXCELLENT!) So perhaps it's IBS.. I do still get nauseaus and keep zofran on hand, but I haven't thrown up in months and starting to poop on the regular (YAY!) and try to take my son for bike rides (he's almost 3 now).

I do find I have to take a multivitamin and drink plenty of water, but guess what.. the symptoms are clearing up, I can eat again, and I actually have more energy to actually clean my house and play with my son. The other thing I've been diagnosed with is sinus cysts which can cause a number of symptoms too such as migranes/headaches, sinus infections, nausea, vomiting, vertigo, fatigue, etc. Check into both of these and try some of my suggestions, good luck and I really wish you all the best. I'm sure I'll always battle with this IBS and it's nice to have someone to share with who doesn't say, "Ew I don't want to hear about your poop problems." LMFAO

if you all want someone to talk to or vent to.

Take care, Abby