For the past four days, something has been wrong with my appetite, stomach, intestines, or something. I have no idea. But all of a sudden, one day I was hungry, but when i tried to eat something, I would lose my appetite. Kind of sounds like an oxymoron, I know, but it's the only way I can describe it. If I don't eat something, naturally my stomach growls and eventually starts to hurt. Then I force myself to eat it (I am very hungry and feel better when there is something in my stomach.) Then after a little while, usually 10-15 minutes, my stomach starts to hurt and I go to the bathroom. I am having yellow stools. I've never had this before. They are actually yellow, and weird looking: not diarrhea or loose bowls, but a mix between normal and loose bowels. Once they're out, I feel much better. But then my stomach eventually starts to hurt again because it's empty, and it all starts over. I can't be anorexic, because I LOVE food, and it just started out of nowhere! I think I am going to the doctor tomorrow, and I wonder if that will even help.

If anyone has any idea at all why this is happening to me, please leave a post!

ive had very similar symptoms over the last week or so!! i thought it could be stress/nerves and/or side effects from prozac. id love to hear what you find out. praying all the best.........

steve

Did you go to the doctor? What was the outcome? I would definately have this checked out by a doctor. Don't wait. It could be that you picked up a bacteria of some sort that is affecting your stomach or it could be a something more serious. Do get is checked and keep us posted.

After a week of all of it, my stomach finally started to welcome food again (my friends also made sure that I ate). I had lost 5 pounds. Now, I think I have already gained back those five pounds. It has been about a week and a half since i started feeling better. I never went to the doctor because by the time I got a chance to go, I was starting to feel better. So I don't know what was wrong with me. I figure it was some kind of bacteria. My stools were back to normal color, and I had started gaining my appetite back. Now, I am eating again. So it is all good, and nothing happened to me besides losing a few pounds.

So I have the exact same syptoms as the original poster... I also feel my stomach is bloated. I have felt this way ever since I ate this Felafel dish at a local restaurant. It's been like 5 days now...

I've been having the same thing ever since I ate some lobster bisque. I think this could all be food poisoning.

`Aaron

same here. It's been to days now so I'll see what's up today. Mine started after eating salmon. I think bacterial infection is the culprit since all of the people reported this in the thread that it happened after eating seafood of some sort.

When I had this as a child, in South America, the doctor put me on a diet of white rice and nothing else (including butter). It went away in a week or two.

Eat yougurt. The good bacteria will threaten and harass any bacteria within your system. Eat fiber too such as triscuts or frosted mini wheats. the fiber only serves as a sponge to collect bile and come out solid. Its nice.

The norm for these symptoms is a BRAT diet ie things that won't upset the stomach/ colon, and are easily digestible:-

B = Bananas, a good source of numerous vitamins, fibre and doesn't tax your digestive tracts
R = Rice, a good source of nutrition, again easily digestible
A = Applesauce, slightly more bizzare, but similar to bananas
T = Toast, which you may remember as a child is good for any tummy upset, just don;t have spread on it, or milk with it.

Drink plenty of water 1 - 1.5 litres per day.

You should avoid Alcohol, Caffeine, Dairy products (although, I personally think a one off natural yoghurt or bacterial culture drink is OK), Spicy food, Citric fruits (Oranges, Lemons etc), Tomatoes, Nuts etc

I've just recovered from a bout....

I'm having a similar problem. Yellow or greenish yellow stool but I've been battling it for 7 months. Been on probiotics for 5 months. Switched docs, went to digestive health specialist. Its not diarrhea but its softer than normal too. Every now and then it will go brown again, then back to yellow. I've changed my diet to 6 small meals a day, a lot of veggies and frutis oatmeal for breakfast...

Now to be honest, in the 5 months of probiotics I fell off for a week then got back on store brand probiotics. When nothinng changed I got back to the namee brand.. Then fell off a week...

I don't know. Doc said he doesbt think its malabsorption.

I'm having the same thing for five months now and doctor's can't figure it out. I'm so frustrated I'm starting to panic. Upper right quadrant pain, green diarrhea to floating yellow stools. The doc put me on the brat diet, hasn't helped, I've asked them to do more test and they test in other places instead of where it hurts, like endoscopy that looked at my stomach and colonoscopy that looked way down yonder. They look at you strange because you get to the point of just figure something out please.

Has anyone figured out what is going on?

I started having yellow diarrhea with upper abdominal pain and loss of appetite following eating some creamy squash soup. I don't handle dairy well. This has happened before, but it always gets better in a few days to up to a week.

This time it has been two weeks. I am on probiotics, L-Glutamine, Digestive Advantage. My gallbladder was removed in 2007. Since starting the Digestive Advantage, my stools are a little darker, no more yellow mucus, but the stool is still quite yellow and yellow seeps into the water as the stool sits (lots of bile).

I still have very little hunger and am losing weight because I am not eating much.

All blood work (complete metabolic profile plus pancreatice enzyme panel) is clear.

I am really getting worried it is something serious.

?

possible reasons for yellow stool:

1.Gilbert's syndrome leads to poor processing of red blood cells;

2. malabsorption of fats leads it to the colon, where it mixes with stool;

3. in giardiasis, the protozoans cause diarrhea

options for longstanding bouts in the cause of giardiasis include using large amounts of culturelle (30 billion cells three times a day), a product called digestaqure, and a colostrum called extreme immunity

I am so frustrated - and a little freaked out by now. I went through eight days of yellow bowel movements. Solid, but they looked "bloated" or larger than usual. No other symptoms until day nine when my appetite just switched off. Nothing at all is appealing and I have to "force" myself to eat - taste, smell, texture - all of it is a turn off. The same day I lost my appetite I began feeling very tired and sleeping 12 hours. (Still feeling tired and weak.) I didn't eat for an entire day and called my Doctor the next day to get an appointment. He ran some blood tests to check basic liver and pancreas stuff. Then, on day ten, my bowel movements turned orange (Yay! No more yellow. I guess...) and changed to diarrhea. They have been that way four days now.

I have no other symptoms like vomiting. No fever. Maybe mild nausea on occasion, but very little if any. I'm losing weight - five pounds already. And this not eating/total loss of appetite/not wanting to eat is obviously not a good thing. After I'm up for hours my appetite might change to "food doesn't totally repulse me" and then I eat something. But no where near a normal amount of food on any given day. I also seem to feel bloated and unreasonably full in my stomach no matter how little I eat. The results of the tests he ran all came back today in normal ranges - I can see them in my on-line record. But I'm no MD and he won't see the results until he gets to the office on Monday.

Ok, so I know he's done blood tests to check pancreas and liver functions and to a lay person those results all came back in normal ranges. He absolutely doesn't think it would be pancreatic cancer. Where should I got with this discussion with my MD on Monday?

I want a cookie! Or something ANYTHING that might be appealing. Unfortunately, right now I can't think of anything. Sigh...

Rick