Hey, for about the last two months, ive been experiencing headaches EVERY day, a loss of appetite generally two out of three meals, i've been tired as EVER, and most often come home and sleep for 3 hours, and then realize I have work to do. I have stomach pain about every OTHER day, and I am very weak sometimes, and have many injuries, (due to sports??) Please help me!!

I had nearly the same symptoms a few months ago. After going through two months of that... I finally was tested and found positive for mono. Just gotta rest and drink lots of fluids!

Hi, Im 20 years old. And I've been sick for about 3 months. At first i just couldnt eat as much as I used too, then it got less and less. Then it made me feel sick to even look at food. I also got really bad lower abdominal pain, and started to not feel well when i ate. Then i realised I had no appetite at all, it just didnt bother me if I didnt eat. I drink alot though, I'm going through bottles and bottles of drink in a week. The pain got so bad that I just stopped eating altogether because it didnt matter what I ate they all gave me pain. It all gave me lower abdominal pain, nausea, loss of appetite, headaches and light headedness. Now Im spotting with my period and Im getting really bad breast pains. I dont know if they are all connected but, I've had enough. Im sick of being sick all the time. Ive been to the doctors, at first he gave me antibiotics, nothing happened. Then he sent me for a endoscopy (where they put you to sleep and stick a tube with a camera at the end of it down your throat to have a look around). They found nothing wrong. Now they dont know what to do. Whats wrong with me??? Can somebody help me??

hi i am having really similar symptoms without the abdominal pain, I don't know what to tell you except you are not alone and I am sorry you aren't feeling well, I feel you on this for sure

I'm a 23 y/o active duty military member. I recently experienced some severe, SEVERE lower abdominal pains on both sides of the lower abdomen. I have been studying the medical field for the last 6-8 months (on my own time, i'm planning on getting out and going to nursing school)...anyway, there are a lot of things that could be the root of severe pain in the lower abdomen. again, i'm not a doctor, but i remember studying these things. The first, and probably the most severe, could be the appendix. Appendicitis can be very painful, and worst case scenario, if it would happen to burst, can kill you. So, if you are experiencing pain that hurts bad enough for you to not want to eat, or where you almost fall to your knees from the severity of it, please seek medical attention ASAP. Now, a few other problems and probably the most likely would be something like Diverticulitis. This is caused from Diverticula that get infected and cause you to have severe pain (almost like gas at first, and then it feels a little better when you defecate). It usually hurts most of the time and the most right before you have to use the restroom (#2 obviously). This can also be confused with the possibility of having an STD because of the fact that it may hurt while urinating as well. Either way, still potentially harmful, but not as bad as the appendicitis...and there are antibiotics for this that will usually heal you up in a matter of days. Another possibility for those of you who don't want to eat to make the pain go away could be Celiac's disease. Basically, you can't eat anything containing gluten. that basically rules out anything with wheat in it or other foods like such (pizza, pastas, etc.) the food for this diet is expensive and hard to adjust to at first. Again, i'm not a doctor, but these symptoms that i'm reading in this blog trail raises a few flags. Please, seek some medical attention, especially if your symptoms continue. Best of luck everything.

V/R
random guy

P.S. I had some severe lower abdominal pains a few weeks back and from what i studied i pre-diagnosed myself with Diverticulits...when i called the doctor, i told him my symptoms and what i thought it was so he could have something to start with. they ran some bloodwork, and sure enough that was exactly what my problem was. So yeah, i'm not a doctor, but i'm workin my way there!!!

I have similar symptoms, except for the extreme abdominal pains...only when I have my period. But I've found that I have a really decreased appetite and I get naseauted after I eat or sometimes feel naseauted at the smell/sight of food. I had a bout of diarrhea as well, but that's stopped now so I don't know if that was connected or what's wrong with me either. I'm fatigued like you...if your doctors didn't find anything, I wonder what is wrong with us then :(

Hello All,
I can't tell you how grateful I am to have found this forum, and this thread specifically. I have almost the exact same symptoms as you all, and like another poster it started with about 5 days of diarrhea and then went into loss of appetite, (almost to the point where I would rather just not eat), extreme thirst, nausea, nausea at the sight/smell of food at times, abdominal tenderness, fatigue, listlessness, and slight body soreness. I have yet to go to the doctors for fear of them finding a serious illness, but I might as well find out sooner then later. I wonder now if they will find anything as reading all your posts, doctors can't find anything wrong.
I just wanted to let you know that you are not alone, and I am so glad that there are other who understand what it feels like (thought I am not glad we all have to suffer :-( ) I did want to throw out a "theory" and wonder if it is caused by long term use of a product that we all use daily? I notice many of us are females in our 20's, and I wonder why that is? I'll start, and maybe we can find a pattern:

*Secret deodorant
*Crest toothpaste
*Victoria's Secret shampoo and conditioner
*Dove bodywash
*Always pads and tampax tampons
*Bath and Body works Blushing Cherry Blossom lotion

That's pretty much all I use on a daily basis... I do want to mention that I drank iced coffee's 2-3 times a week and since graduating from college three weeks ago, I have given it up because I thought that maybe it was contributing to my condition.

I hope to hear from more people and strength to those who are feeling hopeless.

Much love,

Rebecca

All,

I too am grateful to have found this forum. I am a 23 year old female who is also suffering from the same symptoms- I have recently gotten over mono... so I know this is not mono- but about 4 months ago I started having pain in my lower right abdomen- I thought it was just my ovary(ies) it is a dull but consistently returning pain (i figure they would have found something when I was getting tests for mono but nothing-mono is clear I had a very mild situation). For about two weeks now I have had little to no appetite, very thirsty, not extremely tired but I have been lucky to be getting enough rest. Also I do not know if this is related but I have been getting the most awful taste radomly in the back of my throat- it isn't on my tounge but dull and bad- it is even after I have brushed my teeth and it is at all different times of day. But now I have a sharp pain in my upper left abdomen exactly where I would picture my stomach. My fear is that due to my recent mono my immunity is not up to par- or I am also a very active runner it may have something to do with that...

PS- My last period which was two-three weeks ago was the worst I have ever had with the worst cramps (which are normal for me but not this bad and very very very swollen tender breasts)

PSS- I have also noticed that we are all experiencing extreme thirst?

Here is a list to see if we can find a link:
(i do not use any of your products RebeccaMUA and I am more inclined to think it is something we are eating or doing but you had an extremely great idea to list)
1. I tan very often outside and in the bed
2. Run
3. I eat a lot of Protien/powerbars (Vanilla Yogurt Power Plus)
4. I drink a lot of coffee (iced and warm) Tho I have cut back for fear it was contributing (someone else mentioned this)
5. No current medications

I just got done reading your post and I'm glad I found this website - you've got to stop running! When you get over mono you CANNOT do anything strenuous for a month!! The pain you are having is from your spleen being enlarged. If you overdo it - it can rupture!

I just got diagnosed today with mono - I'm exhausted, have little appetite, am sore all over and lightheaded and weak. But I'm also older than the posters on here - I'm 36 and have never had mono until now. My doctor gave me very specific instructions NOT to do anything strenuous after I get better for over a month!

People your age have a greater chance to getting mono and passing it around. I'm not sure where mine came from.....

But please take my advice - or go to your doctor again and get checked out if you question it - just don't run anymore until you can be seen.

Your spleen takes a long time to return to normal size after mono.

I tried to run last week and paid for it dearly.....

Hang in there!!

Nicole

I too was glad to have this site as well as other sites with people listing similiar symptons - it put my mind at ease knowing if so many of us unfortunately had a condition that doctors cant figure out (as in other sites some were told to go on anti-anxiety meds) .

I will say that my symptons were nausea, lack of appetite, and just loooking or smelling food would make me nauseous. I was having mild headaches, i felt so very weak and tired all the time - i could barely be awake for 3 hours before needing to rest. The only thing my body craved was a string glass of room temperature fresh lime water and strangely a vitamin c tablet - i could eat fruits but only certain kinds -nothng starchy. After 2 weeks i couldnt handle it - even a thought was becoming hard to form, i still could find no answer. I went to a walk in clinic to get blood work done -they didnt want to see me but after my opening sentence they decided i needed to see an internal medicine specialist.
As i try to use seeing a doctor as a last resort, i thanked the woman and went to the grocery store and bought some protein drinks thinking maybe i could sip on some to get some protein in me -
later that evening, i slowly drank half. it was all i could drink. 30 minutes later for the 1st time in over 2 weeks -i found myself running to the bathroom to 'throw-up' the drink - and you know what? it tasted just as good 30 minutes later coming up as it did going down. I knew then why i could not tolerate proteins -my stomach was Not producing stomach acids to break down foods and proteins.

I am certainly not suggesting that all of you have this - i did not have stomach or abdominal pain - howver, the research I did on this is astounding and quite possibly this could be what is ailing some of you.

Hypochlorhydria
I encourage everyone to look this up - i feel it is one of the most important health corrections we could make for ourselves - there is a solution and for each person there is one best for the indivdual's needs.

I have found some vegetarian formulas but for those of you who see a doctor or are on medications this would not be something i would receomend self-diagnosis or administering yourself over the counter remedies -
but for goodness sakes -if you think this is your condition dont take pepto bismal or mylaanta - it makes it worse.

Hello, im a 24yo female..i have been looking for comfort online for weeks now... i have been having the same, fatigue, headaches, nausea, loss of apetite, cramps.. my back has been hurtin me.. and i get indigestion at random... ive been to the doctors twice, and have been tested for mono, lyme, and thyroid problems... so far nothing... i was given general antibiotics, and it made me worse... there has only been one thing different for me... birth control... i used to have the worst periods, 2-3 weeks at a time, with incredible pain... i went on 4 different pills.. and each one made things worse... im perfectly healthy otherwise... my OB said the best course of action for me was an IUD... ive had the Mirena in for almost a year now.. and my periods completely stopped.. other then the feelings i listed above now and then, its been great... and if i knew thats all it was i wouldnt have a problem.. because i dont want to go back to before. maybe its all period related?

make sure you eat a balanced diet
make sure you dont have "chronic mono"(blood test)
at night sleep 8 hours
talk to your doctors

Look up ovarian cysts

I've been having the same symptoms that all of you have been having, except I am only 13. For the past month or two, I have been having severe lower abdominal pain, headaches, cramps, nausea, fatigue, and soreness. For the past week or so, the symptoms have been getting worse. I ow am also losing my appetite, and have a bad taste in the back of my mouth. I was tested for mono and strep throat, and wwas found negative for both. I found this website while doing some research, and from what I've read, I think that it could be IBS (as mentioned by someone else), or tapeworm. I've always had trouble sleeping, but now I find that I'm lying awake in bed until 2 or 3 in the morning when I have to get up at 6:00. I am sooooooo tired all the time, and I don't know what to do.

Im a 23 yr old female. For the past two or so weeks. Loss of appetite, dry mouth, stomach pains when i do eat, gas when i dont eat. I eat half of what i usually do, then i start feeling full and then the upset stomach. Extreme fatigue, the only thing that keeps me up is chewing gum (the sugar causes my blood sugar to spike). I've had slight headaches. slight back and body pain, but regular periods. I've lost weight, and I thought it was a good thing, but now I don't know. I do work and go to school full time, and both are very stressful. I haven't been able to really sleep lately because of my homework. I'm not on birth control. I was on antibiotics recently, but stopped. I don't have the bad taste at the back of my throat, but i do have dry mouth. And when I drink water, It also seems to upset my stomach. I really don't know what wrong with me, I would like to find an answer.