I have a problem! I have been diagnosed with anemia. I know what it is, a very low iron count. My iron count was 12, and the doctor said it should be around 70. I have been prescribed the iron tablets by my doctor. Sometimes I sleep at least 12 hours at the night and I am still tired throughout the day. Yesterday I was walking a fifteen minutes and after that walking I was very tired. Is this consequence of my low iron count? Can I do something else for my iron count?

Yes, that is consequence of your very low iron count. Your iron count is low enough for you to feel sick, and it is called anemia. Your very low iron count will cause you to feel very tired after short walking or after small job. Because your anemia you will even feel short of breath. What you can do? You can taking iron, and that can help. You can taking iron by mouth (oral iron), and that can be enough if you are not receiving EPO (erythropoietin). EPO and iron work together to help your body make healthyRBCs (red blood cells). But, before you taking iron by mouth or with tablets you must see a doctor.