Hi. I am a 26 years old woman, and I suffer from aneamia. I found about it 2 days ago, and doctor said that I have low feritin. But he wasn’t kind enough to explain what that means. So, can anyone help me?

HI. It is easy. Low feritin is another way to say that you have an iron deficiency. Element Iron
makes hemoglobin, a substance in red blood cells that enables them to carry oxygen. Without them, your blood have a lack of oxygen, and you feel weak. You should go to the noutritionist and see what is the problem.

can a low feritin level make your hair fall out?

hello while pregnant i had low iron one is your hemaglobin in your blood the other is feritin stored in your liver (this is what i understand not been a doctor ) i was given a feritin drip and a blood transfusion to cover both since then my hair has become very thin i went to the doctor many times but he is bauld and seemed to dismiss me as been paranoid and after having a baby this can happen although i knew there was something wrong the doctor said my iron hemaglobin was high so hair loss was not due to this it is 12 very good ...
feeling sad and worried i went to a specialist in london at a hair clinic and he has done lots of reserch he looked at my bloods and said my feritin was low 60 he stated that people seem to be more likley to loose hair if it is under 120 so he seemed happy this was the cause he prescribed me iron tablets not much different to ones your doctor gives you so i have decided to take a hair vitamin from boots as this has a more helpfull bunch of vits because i want to do my best to help myself ..the doctor seemed to think it would grow back because your hair is the last thing to get vits and once i replenished my body the hair to be okay although it could take a while but as long as you dont leave it too long good luck ....