I keep getting lower back pain intermitently I sit for long hours every day at work, when I was in my previous role where I was out and about visiting I never experienced this. I also drink a great deal more than I should and wondered if this was a contributory factor, I am worried because I want to start running again, could you please advise me. Also with walking and running over a period of time will it go ? I am concerened becaue I love to trave and have many more trips to do while I can. It's amazing taking your body for granted is not good, I need my body healthy to do all the things I really want to do. Thanks C

I should follow my own advice,  yes exercisin your body will strengthen it and the pain will go away,  drop all the unhealthy foods and drinks. Start out slow, like walking hiking . And massages those will help too.

Lower back pain affects millions of people across the country. As a matter of fact, it has found that the number of patients suffering from this disease are increasing each passing day. Degenerative disc disease is a condition which affects young as well as middle-aged people on a daily basis. It might wax and wane before it decides to make things difficult and bothering for you. Lumbar and Cervical Herniated Disc are two most common conditions which make even accomplishing daily activities a challenge.