Hi, was exercising at home, and I injured my self. I got herniated disc, and my doctor thinks I won’t need a surgery. Can you tell me something about this condition?

Hi, I got herniated disc a year ago. It is actually a displaced fragment of nucleus, and it’s often caused by activity, stress or mechanical problems. I was also feeling a strong pain down in my leg. A doctor told me that it was sciatica, caused by herniated disc. My treatment contained resting the lower back area, minimal activities and maintaining a comfortable posture. My doctor didn’t even mention a surgery, and I don’t think that it’s a common solution. Resting was important to relief inflammation and pain. Herniated disc mostly affects people who are 30 to 40 years of age, just like me.

ve bean having constant pain in the back of my neck and around both sides underboth arms and headaches frequently just resently i was told i was reccomended to have surgery for disc replacement such as

cervical anthroplashy (prestige replacement,metal. I am still hesatint.

I have myleogram c5

A few months ago I have been advised to have surgery in c5 also to use the prestige I have been having pains in all same areas i started out trying a injection in my neck to control pain which has helped,somewhat,but i also am quite tempted for surgery also
ive beeen also going to have decompression in my neck done which may be helping also , .

i had same problem at age33 noww am 58 and it is progressive because our other disc no longer get blood so you end up with ddd degenerve disc disease so it a loaded question one thing is for sure you cant get a new back and more often than not one surgery will lead to another laser looks like best option but tha is you and your willing doctors decision.. good blessings and shop for a doc with people he has helped .ps laying dow excuse typing errors godspeed