Hello. I'm 45 year old female and I would like to find out more about my health problem. You see, about a month ago I have developed some back problems. I'm suffering from really strong lower back pain and some other symptoms including pain traveling down your legs below the knee and weakness in your legs and feet. I'm a little overweight but I don’t remember that I was injured my back anyhow.
I was drinking some pain killers and putting some ice packs on pain regions and it was helping me in the beginning but, now it can't.
I can barely sleep and walk, and slightest sudden move is causing me extreme pain. Please tell me, should I wait for another month or so to see if it will be better or should I contact my doctor over this?

Hello. I'm very sorry about your back problems but it could be very difficult to tell anything exactly about your condition without a proper medical evaluation.
There are several conditions that are using causing back pain and just some of them are small fractures to the spine from osteoporosis, muscle spasm, ruptured or herniated disk, degeneration of the disks and poor alignment of the vertebrae.
You don’t have to injure your back to have these kinds of pain. You are at particular risk for low back pain if you are over age 30, smoke, don't exercise, or are overweight. Many people will feel better within one week after the start of back pain.
I don’t know what to tell about this more accept that you should contact your GP immediately because, bed rest is not recommended.

i have the same problems and im only 17, my mums, friends, daughter has had the same problems also and she is heading into hospital in the next few weeks to have mjaor surgery, sort of the same operation my dad had, basically they put in a false disc and fused it with a metal plate and screws, im just so scared i might be heading in the same direciton, although im classed as overweight im very active taking part in Korean Kickboxing and Tae Kwon Do martial arts and also football.

I too am relatively young (22)and suffer from lower back shooting/stabbing pain travelling to my knees at times, it starts and hurts the most whenever i sit for more then a minute, it doesnt go away for a long time when i stand (5 hours). I know this because I work in retail and have to suffer the day through it, ive had it for 4 weeks, hasnt changed, done excercising, hoola hooping, stretching, etc, nothing helps. I think Ive damaged a muscle from carrying a sewing machine for 20 minutes, and it hasnt healed over because since then I sew at the machine for almost 15 hours sometimes in a shitty chair. Am unaware of the pain I cause myself until Im done because I take numbing drugs. I cant not sew, im an aspiring designer in need of serious relief. Any feedback is appreciated