Hello. I'm 30 year old female and I'm very worried about my father’s health. You see, just recently he started to suffer from realty strong back pain. His first symptoms started about three months ago and the pain get stronger with time.
He is 55 year old and I'm very worried for his health.
The thing that is frightening for me is that I know that his father also had problems with back, diagnosed with some disc herniation and end up in wheelchair in his 50s. Please tell me these things couldn’t be inherited. What all could be cause of this extreme back pain that’s troubling him for the past three months?

Hello. I will try to help you providing you some information about this condition but I just want to tell you that, without proper medical examination- I can't help a lot. I'm not trying to scare you because nearly everyone at some point has back pain that interferes with work, routine daily activities, or recreation. I will tell you some facts about normal human physiology. As people age, bone strength and muscle elasticity and tone tend to decrease.
The spinal discs begin to lose fluid and flexibility, which decreases their ability to cushion the vertebrae. When exposed to strong pressure- if the spine becomes overly strained or compressed, a disc may rupture or bulge outward. There are also many other conditions that could cause him this pain such as osteoporosis, spinal stenosis or fibromyalgia. The thing is that you’ll never know until you take him to see some doctor.