Hi viewers,

Can any body explain what is chronic pain and what are main symptoms.

Is it curable?

Share whatever your know about it.

Lower back pain is one of the most common ailments that we can suffer from. However, about 90% of back pain in not actually caused by any serious underlying injury or disease. Most of it is simply due to natural wear and tear. Some common issues include: pulled/strained muscles, strained ligaments, Sciatic nerve pain, Piriformis syndrome and herniated discs (which leads to pressure on the spinal nerves). Although not as common, is upper back pain. It has become more prominent among daily computer users. Back pain can range from mild, severe to debilitating, and can lead to life-long chronic pain if not treated properly.

Chronic pain is usually pain that does not go away after 3 months. Majority of injuries will heal or undergo noticeable improvement in that 3 month time frame.

I suffer from scholisis, which unfortunately is not curable (not at this point anyway). I get a lot of lower back pain if I don't watch my posture or if I sit for very long periods of time. A cold compress always helps ease some of my pain. It helps get down the inflammation which in turn decreases the pain.

Hi, The term ‘chronic’ usually refers to pain that lasts more than three to six months and has reached a level that is beyond minimal tissue healing. Chronic back pain may be the result of failed back surgery, fibromyalgia or other problems. It can be treated by Physical Therapy and Chiropractic Treatment, Acupuncture or Trigger Point Injections.