It’s been for months now that I occasionally feel some severe pains in my leg and lower back, the pain is so strong sometimes that I’m even uncomfortable while sitting. I taught this would be a temporary condition but it isn’t so and would like to hear what this pain can be related to and how come I’m even uncomfortable while sitting and also have back pain when need to stand up from a sitting position.

According to the symptoms you’ve described it’s more likely you have back problems that are usually described with the term –herniated disc. I have the same problem and though some others would recommend you to have a surgery I advice you to try first with some conservative therapies such as physical therapy and pain medications. I also often try ice and heat therapy and it really might help to relief the pain though the surgery is almost inevitable if it turns out you have chronic back pain that causes you being uncomfortable while sitting and if among other conditions it also cause you hand and leg pain. If that is the case than your herniated disc have serious form and it might also cause permanent nerve compression that needs to be relieved in order to get you free of pain. so my advise is first to try with some non invasive treatment and if your back condition doesn’t improved a bit than you should find a good spine specialist to take care of your back problem.