I DON'T HAVE AN ANSWER FOR YOU, BUT i HAVE BEEN CHASING SOME CHRONIC PAIN JUST LIKE YOU DESCRIBE AROUND FOR AWHILE NOW.
I HAD ENCEPHALITIS AND WITH THAT A LUMPAR SPINE TAP.
I HAD ASKED THE DOC AT ONE POINT AND MY HUSBAND TO TAKE A LOOK WHERE I THOUGHT I HAD NERVE DISCOMFORT IN MY BACK AND WAS IT WHERE THE SPINAL TAP WAS. HE SAID YES, DOC SAID COULDN'T BE.
I HAVE BEEN THROUGH SO MANY MRI'S, AND ARTHRITIS TESTS AND NOBODY CAN REALLY SEE A REASON FOR THIS PAIN. WELL I AM HEARING MORE AND THINKING MORE THAT IT MAY NOT BE THE ENCEPHALITIS THAT HAS LEFT ME WITH PAIN, BUT THE TAP. SO MANY PEOPLE WITH E HAVE CHRONIC PAIN, AND THEY ALL HAVE HAD THE TAP.
LET ME KNOW IF YOU GET ANY FURHTER ON THIS. I WOULD BE VERY INTERESTED IN FINDING IF MORE PEOPLE ARE EXPERIENCING THIS. MY PAIN IS ALMOST DISABLING, ESPECIALLY WITH WALKING.
FEEL FREE TO EMAIL
But I have found some ways to get immediate relief from this. So sharing it with rest of the world.
1. Do not too much food at a time as it'll put pressure on your lumbar area and aggravate the nerve damage.
2. Do not do any weight training or bending execiese that can strain back nerves.
3. Try loosing weight. And go on half day fasting regularly. You can google and it is a proven fact that fasting helps in curing spinal damages.
4. I have been taking Indian herb 'Ashwagandha'. It has helped a lot in reduction of back pain and nerve damage.
5. Avoid sitting. Prefer walking or sleeping on your back at least for few days till your pain is normalized and gone.
6. Avoid constipation.
I know this looks a lot but it is the only way. Allopathic medicines have limited use in this strange problem.
Whatever happens I'll never get lumbar puncture done again.
are you doing physio? iv just started mine. had 5 lp's and can barely walk. lay down sit. etc, hope u get the help. do regular stretches for it. and see how u go. need to re build the muscle up. from where it has tensed so much it has pulled like 50x more worse then a hamstring cos the muscle pulled is the smaller ones under ur bigger back muscles.