I had a spinal tap done on 11-24-12 because I have a condition that causes fluid to build up around my brain. After the procedure I stayed in bed for my 24 hr rest period but when i tried to return to work I couldn't do anything because I was having severe pain in my back. I am still having pains they start in my upper spine and run to my lower spine then sometimes down my leg. So i called my doctor and they told me       to return to the hospital so I did and all they did was check my blood for infection when they didn't find any they gave me pain meds and sent me home. Well the pain meds don't work and I'm still not able to do my job so I was hoping someone may be able to shed some light on my situation.

My brother (in his 40's) had a spinal tap in the E.R. due to a terrible headache...now he's experiencing the worst pain (in his back at the site of the tap) of his life...he's been in physical therapy to to avail....wondering if there is any solution...

@Dawn,Scraina - Mine is a much worse condition than you, i had a tap way back in Feb and after the tap, I am almost bed ridden, I barely can sit, have severe neck pain and lumbar back pain, Have undergone any MRI'S or CT sca, i had 3-4 MRI's of the spine and nothing seems to be wrong on the MRI, what are you trying to do now? any physio ? hws ur condition now ?

I had over 50 lumbar punctures in one go over 4yrs ago have severe back pain constantly have been on all types of pain relief morphine over 3 yrs and either pain relief that would frighten you as it did me all this due to some needle happy doctor I walk with a stick and this routine procedure has ruined my life I'm now 47 and honestly feel like 87

I had 7 spinal taps on July 17, 2013 and I am in excruciating pain in my back. Went to the ER yesterday, almost a week after and all they did was give me a shot of toradol and that didn't even help the pain. I can barely walk the pain is so bad. No tests were given. They really screwed me up!!!! My pain meds are even helping (percocet). I am at my lost wits and I don't know what to do. Who can we ASK,, that will believe us!!!"???

@Dawn - I probable know what you are suffering from, you might be suffering from a condition called arachnoiditis which happens when there is any intervention into your spine - You can mail your MRI's to a doctor dr.Aldrete who specialises in arachnoiditis diagnosis, he was the one who diagnosed arachnoiditis for me.

***this post is edited by moderator *** *** web addresses not allowed*** Please read our Terms of Use