I wasn't sure where to put this but theres this lump that seemed to have popped out from my groin during football practice. We were stretching and doing groin rotators when it happened. I don't know if its a strained muscle that popped out but it only hurts when I touch it and it seems to be straining the area around it since another thing like it started forming. Does anyone have an idea of what it is?

Hi hon! Are you female or male? When you were doing the rotation where abouts in your groin did it pop?

Say this is your groin and legs M

Where abouts would the popping come from? The top of the M being your hip bone and the the bottom of the v being your bottom! Does that make sense?

What position was your leg in when it happend using a clock description - As in "12 oclock, 3 oclock etc"

Do you have any pain when walking or bending or sitting?

I'm a male. The popping I felt happened towards the bottom. I think what happened was that I overdid the groin rotation and I felt the pop during a 6'o clock leg position. It doesn't hurt when I walk, bend, only when I touch the lump. There's slight discomfort however when I flex my pelvis standing or while walking.
Your insight's greatly appreciated.

This is the same guy posting and I'm a male, the popping I felt happened towards the bottom. I think what happened was that I overdid the groin rotation and I felt the pop during a 6'o clock leg position. It doesn't hurt when I walk, bend, only when I touch the lump. There's slight discomfort however when I flex my pelvis standing or while walking.
Your insights

Hi hon! Below is a link to diagrams of the pelvic floor, bones, and tendons, if you look at the pectineus muscle or the Obitturator Femoris this looks like the area that you might have pulled! Other than the hip joint - the exercises you were doing - there isn't much to actually dislocate! Because the pelvic bones are VERY tough bones! So I am thinking that you might have pulled and thus swollen one of the tendons/muscles that keep your hip and groin in place! Then because of this, I would like you to get an ice pack or a bag of frozen veg, and place it on the area! Then follow it up with a hot water bottle - with something between that and the skin! If you switch back and forth the swelling should go down soon! Use Ibuprofen for the pain, and try to really take it easy on this section for awhile! Gently massaging it too can really help loosen up the pulled muscle! NOW if it continues to bother you = just as much as right now - I would like you to go see a doctor and have an xray/ultrasound - just to make sure you didn't fracture anything OK? Good luck and health!

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pelvic_bone#Pelvic_floor

Thanks a lot. I'll be sure to ice the area and take it easy for a while. I'm just relieved that this is something that requires good rest instead of surgery.