I am a 46 yr old female. I believe I have suffered with TMJ for years and I have always heard clicking and popping while eating. I was hit in jaw by 10 year old grandson around 3 wks ago while sleeping. Since thin I have had a hard lump or cyst in front of right ear on jaw bone. I hae to ear Motrin around the clock to keep the lump size down and for pain. The pain gets so severe that I am not able to lay head on pillow on Right side. Am also having some ear pain. No insurance so have not gone to dr. What do I do. Thank you

The lump you're feeling may actually be a normal amount of cartilage that's a part of your jaw. Since being hit, you probably got your jaw slammed to the side and the cartilage is sticking out. That's not to say it isn't swollen; it may be. Getting the jaw back into position would take care of the clicking sounds and a lot of the pain.

I suggest you see a chiropractor. Since it hasn't been long since the injury, you probably wouldn't have very many visits at all. That would make the medical bill a lot shorter and cheaper. There are many chiropractors that admit patients without insurance. Call some in your area and ask if they accept patients without insurance.

What is it ? I have the same thing . I'm tripping. It hurts bad . My glands underneath my ear are swollen, an its two of them . I always thought there was just one. They are right on top each other . An then there is a knot the size of a nickel maybe at the top of my jaw bone . Right in front of my left ear ? Does anyone know what this . Am I gonna die.

Its TMJ, mouthguard helps, only ones from dentists. TMJ DENTIST