3 days back i found a small lump about 1/3 inch long on the top right side hip bone on my waistline area i do get a dull pain from it now and again and i also get a few pains in my right side above it just below my rib cage it feels hard but spongy and feels like it coming from the bone area on the hip it moves up and down when i touch it and get pain as well from it more then i been feeling it to check it i got a appointment with doctor next week but i wonder if anyone Else has had same symptoms and is it anything to get worried about

It's hard to say what it is because it sounds like it could be something as simple as a calcium deposit, although it could also be a bone spur or something else along those lines. Rather than speculate instead, I think it's something that you should have a doctor check out. It's not something anyone here can actually diagnose without actually seeing it or feeling it, so please get this check. And keep us posted on the diagnosis! Thanks.

Hi Hon: If you were to pinch it between your fingers does it feel like a pea, and feel like it's right under your skin? Or is it actually attached to your bone? Or seems like a soft boil? If it is the 1st one, I would hazzard a guess that it is a Keloid - a hard bump of scar tissue, If it's the 2nd then I would guess a bone spur, or a bone chip, #3 then I would think it's an infection of the underneath tissue. ALSO - this just came to me - have you really taken a bang to your hip area recently? This could be a clot!!!

When you see your doctor, make sure he orders an ultrasound of the area or an X-ray. Because if it is a bone chip, or a clot, you don't want those floating around. Good luck hun and lets us know!

it feels like its on the bone or muscle on the top edge of hip waistline (where your underwear goes around you hips area) about 1/2 inch long when i do more activities it hurts more and when i stretch and tighten that area it hurts as well well hope its not nothing serious but i no insurance so dunno what happen if got to have more tests etc

ty for the replays

Ok Here is you hip and pelvic area - V - the tops of the V being your hip bones, and the bottom of the V being your you know what ;-) , So Is at the top of the V on either side, or in between the V, closer to the center. Because I'm worried that if it is closer to the middle of the upper V, then it might just be your Appendix!!!!!! And THAT you don't mess around with. Ask for an ultrasound, if it is past the top of the V towards the center, then it will definitely have to bee seen too ASAP. Be careful of high fever, and SEVERE pain in that area, that will mean a burst appendix and you have to get to emergency immediately. IF it is at the top of the V I would think it is a bone spur. Either way hon, you will have to be checked up on.

There is one thing that upsets me more than anything for people living in America, When peoplle don't have insurance, their lives could be in jeopardy by waiting. ALL Americans should DEMAND to have universal healthcare like we do in Canada - even though many American companies are trying to take over with their greed here. Americans Universal provisions for Police, Fire, etc, but the most important thing in the world - you health, you have to pay and be insured for basic quality of life. BOY that upsets me, Go and try and find a public hospital, they can't turn you away can they?

Either way hon, you need to get checked out. Good luck and keep me updated OK?

its at the top of the V right hand side on the right said eof hip
well i am english been here 3 years and still sorting my aoe papers out (long story ) so dunno what i do if they send me to hosplical (hope not and its just something not sereous) ty agion for help

Hi:
If you are sure that you did not injure your hip bone, then you should have the lump checked immediately. Do you have any other health issues that might cause the bump/lump? How long ago did you notice it? You should see an Orthopedic doctor immediately to ease your mind and to be sure that you don't require treatment. I hope that you will let us know what you find out and how you are progressing. I hope that this has been helpful. Let us know.

Hi Hon: I think for now all they will do is give you an Xray! It does sound like either a keloid or a small bone spur. Your hip bone is the strongest and thickest bone on your body, so if you had a fall, or hit your hip on something, that could have caused it. A keloid is scar tissue, so they can be anywhere on your body. Due to your insurance problems, start of with the lowest common thought! Such as just having an xray or ultrasound. Then IF and only IF they find something, then you can go from there. I know this will be causing you stress, but start with the cheapest and easiest way of explaining this for you. Try not to let your brain get away from you OK?! Like thinking it MIGHT be more than it is! Good luck hon, and please let me know how you go on OK?

Hi:
Have you made a decision about how you will approach this problem. Bambi27 had some great suggestions that might work without insurance. I don't think that it is a good idea to ignore it. She is right about just starting with an xray. If it is something that needs attention later, it will likely be more costly at that time. So, you've got to find out what you are working with. Check into the pricing for an xray and a visit. See if that works for you and let us know what you've decided. We will be waiting to hear from you.

ty for you help i find out tomorrow whats up (touch wood hope not seroues)yes i have a few problems as well at the moment with this lump one is a hernia (had about 9months lower groin are right side ) and over the last 5-6 days have dull pains in right side of belly and side and lower to middle back pain (i things i might have pulled something while gardening but its more ongoign then off the back and side aches ) i will let you know what happens

i went to doctors and he said it was a cyst and might take 2-4 months go go away and nothing to be worried about but he said if it gets worse or bigger then come back and we check it agion did not have xray etc just first time visit so was 80 dollers so thats not bad but 80 dollars too much but this is amereica for you :-)

Really glad to hear that hon!!! I was thinking it would be more matter than bone. It is VERY rare for bone spurs or chips to happen on the hip bone - as it is the thickest and strongest bone - and your thigh bone. It is SO worrysome isn't it, when you think it might be something you can't afford to have treated!!!!? Just terrible predicament.

Just know that some cysts, might not go away they can turn into keloids. They basically occur when there is no pressure on them. I have one the size of a pea on my hip, it's been there for YEARS!!! It interfers with my thong ;-) XD o.O Just kidding you!!!! Anyway, thankyou for letting us know. Try putting a politice on it, like a heated bread poltice!!! Just incase it has puss in it. But don't mess with it like try to pop it or anything like that. Better left untouched. Best of luck!

Yeah!!
I am so glad. I know that the $80 was worth your peace of mind, even if it didn't feel like it at the time. Please follow his advice. If it changes in any way, be sure to go back and have it re-examined. I see also see lots of good advice in the posts. I'm so happy for you. Please keep us updated. If you find new cysts, have them checked to. I look forward to hearing your updates. Take care.

Hi, I know your post is old, hoping you are still registered, I have been searching high and low, and you have the exact same symptoms as I do. I am 49, a bit overweight. I have seen many doctors here in Calgary, all the same BS... x-rays that show nothing. I have asked for ultrasound, mri, bone density scan, etc., I guess you have to be connected to get referrals, or maybe I am seeing the wrong doctors. The last time this happened it was higher up on the left side and I lost a kidney. Worst pain I ever felt.. I thought I just had a lower back issue, so I suffered in silence. Can't even find the words to describe the pain. Did you get a prognosis?  ***this post is edited by moderator *** *** private e-mails not allowed*** Please read our Terms of Use

Canada's health care sucks, My noyfriend ended up with a bone chip in his hip and Canada refused him for an MRI to have it removed!!! WTF?? So much for Universal Heath care... How could they deny him medical treatment???