I’ve been suffering from and injury in the groin-thigh area it first happened when I was running the 100m 2.5 years ago and towards the end of the race I would here something and then I would feel a pain and stiffness in that area. I don’t know what it is, but my doctor says it’s only a pulled muscle. However, I am not as confident about it as it has happened 6-7 times in the past 2 years alone, and as I am only 16 I don’t know much about these things. So if any one has any idea on what it might be? Does anyone have muscular pain in the groin?

I would suggest a second opinion if you are not confident enough in your doctor. Perhaps, you might find a sports physician most helpful, although they are usually expensive. Even if your doctor is right, better to get that second opinion to make sure, especially since you say the pain is in the groin and thigh area. I kept bringing up my hip problem with doctor who would dismiss it as a muscle strain, but it turned out to be a labral tear. I also had muscular pain in the groin, but just for couple of weeks and then it was gone. I was just resting…no special treatments.