I just came back from my daughter's judo class, took a shower... got ready to get my clothes on... when I noticed that there is a lump on my groin lymph node. I am shocked by this and of course I have heard stories about this being potentially very dangerous. Can you tell me what this might be, and if there are any non dangerous conditions that could explain this?

Shawnee,

One of the functions of the lymphatic system is to help clean the blood of infections. Have you been ill or had an infection recently.

There is the possibility of it being something serious. Has the lump changed size in the past week? If it has not changed or gotten bigger then a visit to your doctor would be recommended. If it getting smaller, keep monitoring it.

Hallo,
When you have swollen lymph node on your body it means that your body is under some sort of infections. The lymph nodes are a part of our body’s immune system and they help us when it comes to infections. The fact that your lump is located at your groin it means that you have an infection here somewhere. Is there a chance that you might have some sort of an infection here? It can be from yeast infection to urinary tract infection. Also it can be something like ingrown hair. Have you had any issues with ingrown hairs? I don’t think that this is dangerous condition but it needs your attention and treatment. I hope this helped you a bit.