Hey,

Before I start, I thought I'd just share something prior to this: My friend bought me a Fleshlight and so I tried it and halfway I felt some 'dryness' due to lack of lube. So I stopped.

In two days or so the the left side under my penis' glans started to get red and there was a small white spot in the centre of it--something like an acne. I simply assumed that this was a friction burn of some sort (I've never had one before so I don't know how they look like). And then I accidentally felt the left side of my pubic area and felt a small lump.
Upon measurement it's ~3/4 of an inch or so. The lump is not red nor visible. It's only sore if I touch it, but otherwise it does not create pain.

And so I think about 4 days has passed, the lump is still there. The swell on the penis has decreased and seems to be recovering.

I'm just curious as to what this may be? Does anyone have any thoughts and inputs?

Thanks a lot!!

hey there that lump could be anything from a cyst to a swollen lymphnode. are you sexually active?

I've only had two partners and my last sexual encounter was on early Dec 2010 and it was just oral sex.

I'm touching my lump right now and today it seems to decreased in size dramatically and the redness on my penis seems to be going away. But the base of my penis (pubic area) kinda hurts if I push down into it.

Thanks

well it sounds like it is getting better so i would keep an eye on it and see what happens. it it gets worse go have it checked out. can you describe more acuratly where the lump is on your groin?

if it is a lymphnode it may be something you want to have checked out but fi it is a cyst it shouldnt cause a problem. ;-)

Pretty much it's around one of those areas, on my left side. Do you think the lymph node can be caused because when I had that cut under my glans, it might have been infected and so the lymph node swelled because of that? Is that a possibility? This is because I actually didn't put anti-infection creams on the redness on my penis until like 3 days after it happened as I got more worried. Thanks

hey thomas,

usually inflamed lymphnodes are caused by a systemic infection such as herpes or aid or cancer and there is usually more than one inflamed. plus there really arnt any lymphnodes in the area you described as far as i can tell.

are ther any lumps on your inner thighs near your groin or in your armpits?

i think it isnt related to the cut on your penis and it should get better in time.

finally when you had sex did you wear a condom and have you ever got checked for STD's?

thganksyou should be fine ;-)

Oh shoot, I didn't know I cannot post a link to the picture.
Well, it's essentially to the left of my groin area where the usual pubic hair ends.

If this is my groin area: | / |

Then the lump is right here: | o/ |

I hope that makes sense. Anyways, I do not have any lump(s) in my armpits or inner thighs.

To describe my lump more, it's under the skin and is not visible at all. It does not have any redness to it.

But as far as sex, I've used condoms yeah. But for the oral sex I did not.
I've always asked my partners carefully if they are clean and they said no so I gave them the benefit of the doubt.
And no, I have not gotten tested for STD.

Thanks for helping :-)

hey you can post links to pictures via photobucket or some other imaging site however this site does not have to capabilities to post pictures up directly.
try posting a ling using the URL code.
thanks

Hello, i hav a similar problem. whenever my penis is erect, i feel a hard painless lump beside the shaft of the penis. its only noticeably when am erect, u can hardly feel it when am not erect. its been there now for a few years, i wasnt worried bout it before, but now i think its actually a little bigger than it was before. and i kinda afraid.

I've been following this "discussion" and I agree the initial poster is most likely dealing with an inflamed lymph node. You can "treat" it with warm wash clothes and compresses, but it basically will take the body a while to deal with it naturally. I would not worry about it, provided it is going down, and there is no chronic pain. You've gotten GREAT advice above.

I do have a question about the Fleshlight, by the way. Do you know that it was brand new? How do you know no one had used it before you? Plus, if they had, how do you know they didn't have some infection or a disease? Just seems to be a risk, to me... unless it came sealed... and even then, I'm cautious.

Do let us know how this works out for you.

PS: Thanks for the attempt at posting a graphic. Do try it again, if you can, as I guess there are some cases where it IS allowed. Thanks, Billy. (He's in charge! ;-) )

Hey,

The FL was brand new, it was ordered straight from the company. I inspected it prior to the first usage.

I used it for 4 times total. On the third time, I ejaculated into it, and simply washed it with warm water and dried it off with a towel (maybe not such a good idea?). On the fourth time, I used it and kinda felt like it was a bit dry but kept going for a bit more and relubed and finished.

The last time I used the FL was around Jan 10 - 15 of 2011, and here we are now.

Do you think that my previous semen could have caused the infection on that part of my penis?
I don't feel sick at all. My urine is a light gold colour, and it does NOT hurt at all to urinate.
The infected part doesn't even feel painful really. It now kinda looks like a pimple/blister, where it's red around and has a white line in the middle. I felt it and it feels squeezable/pop-able.

I've been applying Neosporin on it occasionally now just to make sure it doesn't get infected worse.

Do you have any other advice on how to help relief the infected area? I mean it seems to get better but yeah.

Cheers,

Thomas

No, I do not think your semen could have/would have infected nor irritated you.

It sounds like it was sealed and brand new. I shouldn't have assumed that it might have been used before. Forgive me.

Yes, continue with the neosporin. It sounds like you're taking care of yourself well.

Hey Kevin, what do you think could have caused the redness/blister-like thing on my penis?

I'm reading up on herpes symptoms and I don't think I have any other ones, aside from the swollen lymph nodes.

Am I allowed to post a picture of the infected area on my penis? Or is that against the rule?

Thanks

Given the above discussion of posting, I would think you can post a close-up.... but to be sure, I guess you should host the photo on another site and simply post a reference liink here. That way, they can always go look at your photo if they want, but this site could not be accused of hosting a porn picture or something offensive.

Alright, I tried coding the links above. The lesion looks better now than the pictures above (they were taken 2 days ago). The white spot has decreased dramatically to something very small, but still visible, but small. And I just noticed that there was a small pink/red spot on my glans too ( you can see it in the picture ) that just began to slowly appear. It doesn't seem to be growing larger or getting redder though. Do you guys have an estimate of how long this can take to heal? I've had it since Jan 10-15 of 2011. Thanks :)