So I felt some pain in my right testicle on Tuesday, it soon disappeared. Then last night (Friday) it was feeling a bit painful again after ejaculating, which hasn't happened before. Since it was only the right testicle I had a quick check (even got a warm shower) and felt a small lump about the size of a pin head. I'm pretty sure it's on the testicle itself - although I find it hard to say where the lump is because it seems to be different (I guess that's just the movement of the testicle) it's near the top, where all the tubes attach, it feels as if there's a tube that actually runs to the lump. I wouldn't say it was painful but when I push or wiggle it, it gives me that kicked in the balls kind of pain, just scaled down quite a bit. Right now I just feel a bit of an annoyance down there, I did masturbate about an hour ago to see if it brought on pain again, but it didn't.

Some additional information: I remember that there was a period, probably around six months ago, when my testicles would some times hurt then running, but I thought nothing of it.

I'm in my late teens and now I'm really worried, could barely eat last night after I found the small lump. All of today I've been feeling worried, even bailed out of my plans for tonight. On the one hand I really want to get it checked out especially since I'm going on vacation next week, like with anything, I get overly worried, but on the other hand I do not like the thought of the doctor checking out my balls and I feel really anxious about telling my parents. How can I just go up to my mum and say 'I just found a lump on my balls' would I even say balls? It's just so awkward; we've never spoke about anything like that.

I don't really know why I'm on here. I know that I really should go get it checked out, I also know that I don't necessarily have to tell my parents but I'd rather them know, I think.. I mean I don't even know how to book a doctor's appointment, never mind one for a matter like this.

The thought that this is could be Cancer just makes me feel awful, I want to just say to my self that it's probably nothing, but I can't. 24 hours ago I had nothing on my mind and was looking forward to the weekend, now I can't stop googling this and feeling my balls. Whenever I think to do something to get my mind at rest, such as watching TV or going out I just think NO that's not going to change anything, I know I can't just sit back, but I don't know what to do!

I need advice, please, on exactly what I should do/how I should do it.

ps: I just made the key info bold for ease of reading.

Hi Inbetweener,

Not everything is cancer, or a sign of cancer.

You may have a spermatocele, or an epididymal cyst. They can usually be found in the location you describe. It could be related to an infection, not necessarily an STD. It is usually an obstruction. It can account for your pain.

Often they resolve on their own. You could give it a few days if you want. It hasn't been going on for that long.

The only way to diagnose this is by an exam. I'd suggest that you see a urologist as this is their specialty. They have seen everything you have before. I know it is uncomfortable being examined "down there" but you can do it.

Tell your parents that you have pain in your testicles and that you found a small lump that you want checked. Just say it matter of factly and use the correct terms, not slang. It sounds more mature this way.

Good luck and keep us posted.

Thanks, the only worry about that is that it doesn't hurt now or anything, just a bit sensitive around the lump.. But then as I said it did hurt quite a bit last night (after ejaculation) and on Tuesday night..

Give it a few days. It very well could be a minor infection or obstruction that should clear.

Hope it helps.

Hi  everyone, I am writing to you because I hope that you can help me in resolving my special problem, called lump on testicles. I am little bit scared and confused about my issue. I do not know what is it actually, but i believe that it is not a cancer, but I am scared that it could be some kind of sexually transmitted disease, because I have been sexually active in last few weeks. I have not any pain or  ditch but I would really like to know what is my lump, an I would be happy if I wouldn't have to visit doctor?

I have the same issue pen size thing as well moms a nurse though told me to wait out then this Thursday go to the doctors office and have them look at it. I'm scared as heck. I know this post is like 2 years old but this fits exactly into my scenario

I have the same thing on my left testicle. Any outcome? Did either of you have this checked out? Thanks

Hey.... I have this same thing on my testicale.. Plz tell me if ur problem got fixed or i have to go to doctor??