About 2 years ago I discovered a small, painless lymph node above and just to the right of my adams apple. It never really bothered me at first, however about a year later it started to concern me as it felt as if it had grown, and I heard a story of a friend's brother discovering a single lymph node in his throat and after almost a year of tests, he was diagnosed with hodgkin's lymphoma. He was 23 when diagnosed. I am a 19 year old male, in the United Kingdom.

In total I have been to the doctors 5 times in the last 14 months about this lump, and have had 2 blood tests about 6 months apart ( the last one a month ago) and everything came back normal. Was also given a course of antibiotics as my doctor said both my tonsils were large and infected (eventhough I feel no pain in them whatsoever) and it made my left tonsil return to normal size, but my right is still large and enflamed (and painless). My doc said this is likely to be linked to the painless lymph node in my throat, but gave me no real explanation as to what it is and he seemed a little baffled as to what is causing it. I'm terrified its lymphoma. I have been booked in to see a neck lumps specialist on sept 10th, but that's 6 weeks away and I'm so worried that if it is cancerous, this is precious time that I'm wasting!

I have no other symptoms of lymphoma, just the one, solid lymph node as mentioned. It feels as if it is attatched to a mass of tissue or something underneath when I feel with my fingers through my neck, so isn't this alarming? I poke at this node every day and it feels very uncomoftable and I can always feel it as like a slight pressure or mass in the back of my throat. People have also commented how the right side of my neck ( under my jaw) looks enlarged and if I tense my neck, the lymph node pops out quite prominently as a lump and is very visible through the skin above my adams apple. And NO, I'm not mistaking my adams apple as a lymph node, my doctor has already confirmed it is definitely an enlarged node.

Please, if anyone has any info on what it could be, I would be so grateful. All this waiting around and worrying is affecting me awfully :-(

I've had the same thing occur with my neck, except my node doesn't appear to be increasing much, if at all. I'd be very interested to hear back about what happened with your doctor's appointment and everything. I should probably get mine checked out myself, because I haven't been to a doctor about it yet. It doesn't cause me pain, really, just slight discomfort. Please reply back to me, it would be very helpful.

I would like to hear about what happened guys. I have this right now!