Hi everyone. I had unprotected oral sex and protected intercourse on October 2nd. Two days after I became sick which lasted about 9-10 days. It started with a chill that came on very fast, I then went to sleep and developed a fever. I had swollen lymph nodes under the jaw for one day. I experienced diarrhea for two days then ended my sickness with severe pain in my ribs/stomach. For 2 days I also experienced a burning sensation (NOT during urination) but a tender feeling at the tip of the penis, after urination). Now all those symptoms are gone and all I have is a tiny swollen lymph node in my groin area (along the line that makes the "V" shape below your belly button. I went into the free health clinic and they told me that the symptoms didn't seem like the "flu" since I didn't have a cough or sore throat. They also told me that it didn't appear that I had any symptoms of an STD/HIV.

The next day I went into the Hospital to have them examine me. I showed them where I thought the swollen lymph node was and they told me that it wasn't of any size of concern and that I had no other issues after examining me.

I had a recent checkup, about a week ago (around October 29th) with my new Doctor and he said he knows I am HIV free but said to prove that to test in 6 months. I notice some growling sounds in my stomach and it made me worried because all I've had since those flu like symptoms that were over a month ago, is a stuffy nose and these little growling sounds in my stomach.

I suffer from extremely bad anxiety and feel I may be talking myself into believing the worst possible scenario. Its only been two weeks so I can't get tested. Any input would help out a lot right now, thanks.

the best thing is not to panic and wait for more days and get your self checked and if the doctors said that your safe it's going to alright it might be just some other infection. So don't worry and good luck.

the risk of oral sex is very low, some estimate it to be around 1 in every 10000 exposures, but its not risk free, your symptoms dont have to be hiv related aswell, examination is still neccesary though