Hi, i have this noticeable lump directly under the head of my penis. It's more on the left side on the underside of my shaft (just underneath the glans) and it's pretty much painless. It first showed up immediately after masturbating about a month ago. When i first noticed it, it was puffy and fairly big (about 1 cm diameter, sticking out 1/2 cm). I waited about a week for it to go away but it stayed there, still noticeable when unerect. When i masturbated again, i noticed that when my penis was fully erect, the lump wasn't so noticeable but instead there was a hard raised vein in its place. Right before ejaculating the lump began to reappear, the hard vein would disappear and afterwards, as my penis began to shrink, the puffy lump would be at its largest size. Then after a few hours it would revert back to a slightly noticeable, puffy lump and that's as small as it would get before i would masturbate again. Like i said, it's essentially painless although I can assure you it's no normal growth and occasionally i think i feel a brief, sharp pain in that area.

Can anyone tell me what it is? It seems to match the symptoms of a lymphocele only most sites i've read say that a lymphocele should go away in a few days or less whereas i've had it for a month. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Did you get any advice on this one?

No, no advice so far.

About a year ago I noticed that my perfectly straight penis had begun to turn upward. It was causing pain and a yellowish seepage from the penis. I went to the doctor and he said I had Peyronies Disease which is a hardening of a plague in the penis that causes the curvature. He said it may go away, it may get worse, or it will never go away. Anyways, he also diagnosed an enlarged prostate and did a green light laser surgery to cut away part of the prostate so that I would be able pee better again. A side effect of this surgery is that your ejaculate will not "cum" out, rather it would revert back down the tube to your bladder. I have been unable to get a regular erection, and when I do, I am unavle to achieve an orgasm. Anyways, about a week ago, I noticed the exact same puffy lump you are describing. I have not had the time to see my urologist as I have been fighting off a diabetic related infection for 5 weeks. I will find the time to see the urologist, but if you find out what this is I would really be interested. I will pass along anything I find out as well.

do you think the lump you're getting is somehow related to those other problems? This is the first problem I've ever experienced with my penis.

I have the exact same thing as the original poster.

I have had for about a month now, I am not sexually active and therefore I do not know what it could be.

I will go see a urologist sometime this week and whatever I find I will share with you.

hi i have the same problem, it came about a month ago and hasnt gone away, anyone found out what it is yet? and how to fix it?

did u find out what this is??

I also have this same problem. However, it only appeared the other day and I noticed some redness before any swelling began. Just like the poster, it's largest right after masturbation and in a few hours will reduce to a very slight red swell. No pain, irritation or discomfort save for the occasional quick tinge of a sting in the area. I'm also not sexually active so this is really mystifying me. The thing is, it looks VERY bad after masturbation. Yet an erection by itself does not make it worse.

I've gone through all the stds (even though I'm not having sex) and nothing matches my symptoms.

Could it be a bacteria of some sort? Maybe a vitamin/nutrient deficiency?

Anyone out there have any theories/advice?

Not sure if anyone's still checking this thread, but I thought I'd share some helpful info.

Chances are, this is from a urinary tract infection or prostatitis (swelling of the prostate gland).

My doc diagnosed me as having prostatitis which he said was very common for a male my age (28).

Also, after a little research I found that prostatitis accounts for 25% of all doctor visits for males in my age group.

It's usually treatable with antibiotics such as Cipro.

Hope this helps.

i have the same problem since yesterday. thill no answer :-(

my guess is Thrombosis, a swelling or blockage of a vein in the penis... do a google search on Thrombosis to find out more

i have somethign like this too i really dont know what it is ! when erect it doesnt look so bad still noticeable but when not erect its very noticeable ! its red and seems a little purple as well. i really want to rid this, what should i do ! im a virgin and have never had any sexual contact with anyone !

Well does anyone have an answer? i have the same thing its a puffy somewhat tender lump at the tip of my penis head more towards the underside of the glans. It has a purplish color to it and is red. i was circumcised in august and this has been there the whole time. i had complete phimosis so maybe this is an infection ive had? ive applied bacitracin but it has done nothing except make it seem more purple i believe ! someone respond please!

samething as everyone else..i am not circumsized..it is right under the head when i pull the skin back..mine is like a thin line going across my penis..it looks like skin just pinched..idk..mine is more white..someone has to have the answer