I have been having a medical issue and neither my doctor or ENT seem to have an answer. It all started 4 months ago with a swollen lymph node in my neck. I waited till July to actually go to the doctor about this. It is may be a 1/2 inch big and is not painful. She put me on antibiotics and saw me again in two weeks. When the node did not go down she set me up with an ENT and I had a CT. Went there and the ENT did not seem too concerned and stated to just leave it in there for now unless it became larger. Since that time I now have swollen lymph nodes in my armpits and one in my groin. Once again these are not large (in fact a bit smaller than the neck), but are painful. I have been on antibiotics for over a month now so I find it hard to believe it could be an infection. My lymph node in my neck has not gotten any bigger over the past 4 months, but when put on oral steriods it almost disappeared only to return after I finished the pack. My blood tests always come back as normal. I have not had any other problems other than a sinus infection that was a bit difficult cure. I have looked up many websites concerning cancer, but do not have any symptoms other than one painless node and numerous painful ones which from what I have read are not a typical sign of cancer. Anyone ever go through this or something similar?

I too have had swollen lymph nodes in my neck, armpits and groin area. They started just like yours - first the neck, then the armpits, then the groin. They're all uncomfortable and tender to the touch, sometimes being painful without touching them at all. Sometimes all of them hurt, sometimes only a few of them hurt. I saw the doctor once, while the lymph nodes were still just in the neck and armpits. It would come and go, so I wasn't too concerned. He put me on steroids and an antibiotic and they went away. I don't know if the medicine really was what made them go away though, because at the time they were off and on. The past week it has been more on than off, and the groin nodes are really bothering me. I have been having a lot of anxiety about this! Like you, I have no symptoms of cancer - lymphoma nodes are typically hard and not painful, and I have no weight loss or drenching night sweats. I do have painful joints, but I am 23 and I think that is a bit too young for rheumatoid arthritis. I plan on visiting the doctor this week and I'm sure he will do blood work. Will let you know what he finds.

hi like you im having the same problem and have many sleepless nights worrying about this . im 24 and 1 week ago my jaw started to ache i took no notice and thought id slept funny. but that night i layed down my chin just did not feel write so i started to examine my neck etc.. and found a lump that moves around an does feel a bit rubery ( hard to say)

my glands are also swallen on both sides of my groin and my armpits do ache but no obvious lumps. i really do not know if this has got anything to do with behind my knee also being in pain and there feels like swelling behind my knee also.

my muscles do ache but nothing to cry about , its just dont feel right.

ive been to my doc and they also put me on antibiotic and added you have an infection somewhere well i dont feel like i have an infection but you cant really argue with the doctor can you anyway ive finished the course and still there is swelling .

i dont feel sick just a bit tired sometimes.

im so woried it may be cancer and have no one to speak to this about . im going back to the docs tomorrow as this cant be write .

Hi (English is my second language so I apologize in advance for any mistakes) also I tend to tell loooong stories :S

I'm 31 years old and 4 months ago I started feeling bad, and felt the lymph nodes in my neck swollen, I though I was catching a cold or something. But after a few days the doc. told me it might be an infection (throat) so he put me on antibiotics, after a weeks I was feeling just the same, so he thought that those antibiotics were not working for this (supposedly) infection so he change it for another kind of antibiotics. 2 weeks later my symptoms were even worse so decided to go to another doc, she did a culture of my throat and found strep so more antibiotics for almost 3 weeks.

After that I was still feeling bad but the doctor said the infection was gone, and that it was a matter of time for my lymph nodes to go back to normal.

A few weeks later a node in my armpit got swollen and also one in my groin. My gynecologist said it was because I was PMSing... long story short it's been 4 months and now I have swollen lymph nodes in my neck, armpits and groin.
Sometimes they're painful, sometimes just a few of them and sometimes they're painless. Sometimes they're small and hard, and other they're soft and they can move around easily. I too search for symptoms of lymphoma, and I think these are not symptoms of cancer.

Since my blood test were coming out fine, 2 months ago I decided to try a different approach I went to see Dr. Ann Boroch in LA, she's been great she put me on a detox diet (because of all the antibiotics) and also gave me some supplements and teas. It has helped a lot with the symptoms, I don't feel so bad, but I'm still getting more swollen lymph nodes.

I've been freaking out so much, I've spent sleepless nights and sometimes I feel like I'm having anxiety attacks.

My lastest tests showed a lot of allergens in my blood (if that makes any sense) so the doctor said that could be one cause, but she also said I should be tested for Lyme Disease and Lymphoma (finally)
I'll be going tomorrow morning.

I'm still hoping is not cancer.

Also I've done a lot of research on the internet (thank God for it) over something Dr. Ann Boroch told me: Multiple Chemical Sensitivities. It sounds interesting and I've already made and appointment with a doctor on Environmental Medicine here in San Diego and I'm having my house tested for allergens, chemical gases, mold, bacteria.

I would like to hear from you and maybe try to find a way to go through this together.

Hi Guys,

I've been reading your posts as I have the same symptoms. I was just wondering if there are any updates on your situations? Did your various doc visits reveal anything? Im worried sick.

Hi i have found 5 lumps on my neck,1 on my armpit and 2 in the groin area.im only 16 and am very scared.i went to the doctor yesterday he did a blood test and said i was fine.He also told me that i have to wait and see weather they get larger,If so i have to come back.

Iv had them now for 3 weeks.
Im not really sure what they are.The dostor only knew about the ones on my neck.This morning i found the ones in the groin area and the one in my armpit. Im going to try and call the doctor today and tell him that i have found others.

Please if you have any information,please tell.

= (

Do any of you with swollen lymph nodes have any recent dental work done such as a root canal, crowns, or fillings where they might have used mercury in the process? If so, you might consider getting them removed, and having any root canaled teeth removed and replaced with a bridge.

i never wrote on one of these befor but im goign through the same thing and very worried! I'm only 17, i just found one very painful lump in my armpit tonight and have had 2 in my neck for months. My doctor put me on meds but they didnt help. One thing i have had that no one eles metioned was many lil colds just lasting a couple days. Has anyone found out what this is? Let me know!

I'm not entirely sure what it is but I'm glad you saw your doctor about it to discuss it and talk to them about it. It may be that they don't know what it is just yet but at least they do know that you've got this problem so you can at least have it checked out and monitored by a medical professional. Please let me know how it goes and what the doctor says and if you find anything new out, okay?

Hi, it seems to be that this is quite a common problem. I have had sore glands in my neck now, both sides for quite a while and didn't think nothing of it. Since Feb, i began to get sore glands in my armpit and for the last couple of months i now have sore glands in my groin. I went to have some blood tests done recently and will be seeing my doctor within the next two weeks, but after reading what it could be on the net i:e Cancer and HIV, i am extremely petrified. I am 25 years old and have other health issues such as Polycystic Ovaries and was put on Metformin last October. This helped to regulate my periods up until Feb when i became pregnant. However, sadly i lost the baby but went back on Metformin in March. I have been suffering with on and off diarrhea, nausea and some slight stomach pain but was told by my Doc that this was caused by the Metformin, although it reads on the tablet info that this should not lst more then a few weeks and it has lasted for months. I am quite concerned that this might be related to my sore gland problem. So that is why I am panicking quite a bit, especially after the result you get after typing in your symptoms. My glands are sore, i do feel little lumps here and there but i do not think they are swollen or enlarged and my doctor did say that if it was something nasty the glands would be more enlarged but then again she did not examine me. It now feels like my bones are quite sore and achy, not everywhere though, just the legs and i am one week late for my period (all tests say negative) which shouldn't be happening as the Metformin regualated my cycles before this month.
I am extremely worried as i feel like there is something terribly wrong. All i can do is live in hope until my blood results come in but i am hoping that there is someone out there that might have some idea as to what is going on with my body.

I have swollen lymph nodes in my groin and neck and I think I've found one in my armpit too. The largest is in the groin. I went to the doctor right away and he sent me for a fine needle biopsy. The tests just showed that it was reactive but not what it was reacting too. I then went to see a surgeon about an open biopsy. He wanted to wait a month to see if things got better on their own. They haven't an now I'm scheduled for the biopsy this Wednesday August 12th. I'm surprised that I haven't seen anyone else getting either kind of biopsy. I haven't had any blood work done or given any other tests. I'll let you know what they find.

I have swollen lymphs in my left armpit and on the left of my neck.
It all started with a red, pimple-like lump on the side of my arm. When I went to my doctor, he put me on antibiotics for about 1-2 weeks. I went to another doctor, and he did the same. I've had ultrasounds and they all show swollen lymphs.

I went back on antibiotics and everything seemed to get better until the red lump appeared again. And now the lymph node under my armpit is swollen and painful. I'm pretty sure the infection is making my lymph nodes swell, but once it disappears, it comes back again!

A few days ago, I was put back on antibiotics... >:(
I'm going to get a blood test in two days. Hopefully they'll figure something out because I'm worried crazy!

I find it interesting that so many of us are so young who are posting these similar issues. I have had recurrent swellings under my arms for several years now. My blood tests always come back normal as well. It's usually under my left arm, but sometimes under the right. Sometimes they form in clusters, with some bigger than others. When they get quite large is when they become painful. I found out I had some food allergies back in April. Due to ongoing problems with absent periods, acne, joint pain, mood swings, dry skin, chemical sensitivity, etc., my doctor recommended I have my hormones tested as well. I'm only 25. The results were astonishing. I have some major hormonal imbalances. I'm currently using progesterone cream and whole food supplements to support female organs, adrenals, and thyroid. My doc says the food allergies and chemical sensitivity is tied in with the hormonal imbalance. At first I was scared like many of you that my swollen lymph could be cancer-related. But I'm thinking they may be related to chemical sensitivity. They just recently flared up again after moving into a house with new paint/ carpet. I'm praying the treatment I'm on now will work. I'm continuing to look into the swollen lymph and chemical sensitivity connection. I hope you all find answers for your health questions!

I have the exact same symptom: swollen glands i my neck and groin. My armpits just feel a bit different, however i dont notice any swollen glands in them. Has anyone heard any news about what this is. I dont have insurance being a recent college grad still looking for a job. Also the doctor did a swab of my throat and found yeast, and gave me some anti fungul meds for it. I hope its nothing serious.

Hoping and Praying

hi it's my first time doing one of these. i have been feeling the same symptoms as well..
but mine have happened in the matter of 5 days..

ive had about 3 months of a blocked nose. started right after i gave up smoking after about 2 ana half years.

about to weeks ago i noticed a small pea sized lump just on the edge of my rectom

then now 3 months later with still a blocked nose i have developed painfull and swollen lymph nodes exspecially the one behind my right ear..feels hmm kinda rubbery but quite densense inside it..it feels like its attached to a bone in my neck to.

the next day i felt as if i had the sweats an that night developed a realy intense neck pain
took my temperature an it read 36.6 degrees celcius..which is fairly normal i think.

next day is the tuesday and i start back at school an we have a sports day..
i woke up feeling completly exhausted an short of breath..
have a shower an come right..
develop quite painfull shoulders throughout the day though..

wake up wednesday an have really painfull eyes..not itchy or anything ,just felt as if my actual eyeballs are sore.
with just my whole body aching to. have a really painful pimple in my gooch (inbetween my rectom an scrotum) so i pop it..in my lower back, fells sore umm in the squishy bit between your belly button and your side..
i go to the doctors an he doesn't tell me much just prescibes me parecetemol and ibuprofen for the sore muscles plus some other anti skin infection stuff for my right elbowey area around the part of your arm that you can easily see when you raise ur arm.
ibuprofen was deffinantly helping the pain until i went to bed then my neck an lower back really started hurting but i couldnt take anymore because they were at the other place i sometimes stay. but i drifted to sleep pretty quickly..

i woke up today 'thursday' feeling quite good..just a slight pain in my shoulders and lowerback.
take a couple of ibuprofen an feel much better..
during the day i develop a really sore painfull large long lump, feels like it's attached to the bone..
take a few extra of the ibuprofen but nothings numming the pain..
about 4pm i start feeling alot better.almost right but around 7pm i fell asleep about 4 times while doing my homework.
after that my whole body apart from my legs has started reaaly aching again..my neck the most..the lump behind my ear which the doc said is a lymph node has got much larger..about 3cm in diameter..
its now 11:35pm and my necks aching an my lower back..

im also only 17. im nz europeon an live in new zealand.

whats up with me?