Right. I had this wierd feeling for a while in my left breast just felt odd. I was feeling it the other night wandering what it was and felt a large disk shape under my nipple. I freaked out got really worried and then looked online and realised it could be puberty. But the symptoms are much more like the cancer ones. It's only in one breast and doesn't really hurt, doesn't look really much different but sometimes goes in, in the middle. I felt it tonight and its a different shape, it's like a large oval shape just larger than my nipple a few inches maybe. It's hard very hard and really worrying me and upsetting me. Please help. Can't sleep or be happy. I have definatly started puberty but don't think finished. I'm quite small and skinny too. Someone reply ASAP please :(

Hi guest,

Yes, it can be puberty.  It can also be a lymph node.

You need an exam to be certain.  Your doctor can do this easily.

Wish I had a better answer for you but unfortunately someone actually needs to palpate (feel) this lump.

Good luck.

Thankyou very much I will. I heard its very unlikely to get male breast cancer at my age? Do you think it could be that? Just worried.

I don't. I think it unlikely for it to be cancer at your age.

Good luck.

Hi, i haven't been to the doctor yet! But just wanted to see what happened if it died down, but it hasn't just now the other nipple has a much smaller lump under which hurts plus the one that had been there for a while now looks a different colour, very noticeable! And I have recently had pains below armpit an round back! Does this sound more like cancer or more promising? Honestly? Thanks.

Hi Guest,

It can be an infection too.  There are lymph nodes in your body that help fight infection.  They are located around the breasts, under the armpit, and at other locations throughout your body (groin for one!).

If they continue you should see your doctor.

Ok, Thankyou! Is this infection dangerous? What can happen as what are the symptoms?

It can be ANY infection.  You might have a slight cold, or the flu, an infected wound, anything.  

You may even have a slight fever.  Often, it's so minor you don't know what the cause is.

But would I have to have an infected wound near my nipple? I've had a cold recently, could that be the cause? If this infection is in the lymph nodes can it be dangerous?

No, it doesn't have to be near the nipple.  While it is usually fairly close it can be anywhere in the body.

Thanks, would an infection in the nipple be dangerous?

The infection, if that's what it is, can be anywhere.  Please don't focus on this to much.  It's very common for a lymph node to swell. They are doing there job when that happens.  Poking and prodding at it can also make it swell.

Give it a few weeks and check again.  

Even if it isn't swollen, you can usually feel a lymph node if you press hard enough.