Can anyone tell me in what circumstances lumps on the head may turn out to be a brain tumor? I am hoping that somebody will be able to clarify this, as I am worried about this lump my elderly aunt has on her head. I am sure it isn't a brain tumor but she should see a doctor any way, right?

Hi there,

I am not really sure when can a head lump turn in to the tumor but I can tell you several symptoms of brain tumors so you might see if you have any symptoms that might indicate brain tumor. First of all you will most likely notice headaches and changes in your mental functions. You will also have weakness in one part of your body and seizures are noticed in adults. The headaches can happen anytime, even when you sleep you can notice them. You will have problems with hearing and the taste and smell might be different as well. I hope this helped you in any way.

Best wishes,

Marco