Hello, guys. Recently I have discovered that my cousin has a swollen brain. I must admit that I don’t know much about the condition. Is this condition in fact a tumor of the brain? I would really like to know that. Thanks in advance for replying my post. Bye bye, guys!

Hi, there. Swollen brain doesn’t mean necessarily brain tumor. Brain tumor is just one of the causes of swollen brain or cerebral edema. Cerebral edema can be caused by other factors like infections, vascular diseases, trauma, metabolic diseases and toxins. The danger of swollen brain is the incarceration of the cerebellum and or brain stem which can be life threatening. On the other hand, tumors don’t always give cerebral edema. If the tumor is smaller, it can manifest like seizures. It is similar to epileptic symptoms. I hope your cousin will feel better. Good bye!

I just found out too that my cousin has a swollen brain and it was comforting to find this little blog. She went for an MRI because a couple of months ago she fell and has been feeling terrible since. Thank you and I hope your cousin is better soon.