Hello my online friends! I saw a very interesting CSI episode yesterday where someone died front blunt force trauma to the head, and they could somehow tell from a lump that was located on the pituitary gland. Tell me please - what is the pituitary gland, and where is that?

If I am not wrong, the pituitary gland is the small gland that connects the brain with the rest of the nervous system. Without the pituitary gland, the brain would be disconnected. It is only very small and looks like a small lump of itself. It is located right at the base of the brain and I think it is a pretty essential thing to have!

Hi there,
This is interesting question. Pituitary gland is a small gland that is located inside your head. More precise the pituitary gland is located at the back of your head under the skull. Now I do not know if this will satisfy your question, but I don’t really know more detailed location of the gland. I know that if you suffer a trauma to your head, death can occur if the trauma is severe. So as you can see you have to be careful when it comes to head injuries. I hope that you won’t experience anything like this and that this helped you in any way.

All the best,
Danella