Hello, folks. My father is suspected to have a pituitary tumor. I think he will go to examinations before a final diagnosis. I would like to know what the most common types of pituitary tumors are. I would really appreciate all your replies. Thank you in advance for help, guys. Bye!

Hello to you too. The most common type of pituitary tumor is pituitary adenoma. It is a benign tumor. It doesn’t show a significant growth. However, skull is a small place and there is not enough space for a tumor to grow. If this tumor grows only to an inch, then it can suppress nearby structures. It can also suppress the remaining tissue of the pituitary gland. That will lead to the lack of pituitary hormones. I won’t explain how this can impact on one’s health. I hope your father won’t have such problems. Good luck!