Hello, I am 35 years old and for a long time I have been trying to get pregnant, I subdued to many examinations and I checked ok. All tests were ok until I did MRI. It was found that I have a flattened pituitary gland? What does that mean? Is that the cause of my problems?

Pituitary gland regulates a large number of hormones and secretion of thyroid gland, ovaries and sub kidney gland. Your problem might be something that you have ever since birth and might not have any connection to your fertility. It might be smart to check all hormones levels, perhaps something will be found there.

Hi there,
I* think that this condition of your is also called empty sella syndrome. I can tell you several symptoms and causes that might help you better understand this condition. If you were a male you would have problems with erectile dysfunction. But as a female you will notice low sexual desire, nipple discharge and irregular or even absent menstruation. With this condition you can even lose whole function of your pituitary gland. This condition can be caused by radiation therapy or from surgery. Did your doctor told you about treatment options? I know that there are some medications that can help or you might start hormone replacement therapy. I think that there are not a lot of options here.