Hello! I am Mary and I am forty. I started to have problems with my monthly periods a year ago. I knew it was connected to my hormones but I thought my body would bring it back to normal after some time. Since the problems persisted I went to see my doctor who did some blood tests and then sent me to MRI that showed 3 mm growth on my pituitary gland. I can't say I am happy about it!

Hello! The idea of a 3 mm growth in the brain can be extremely frightening but the more you know about it the less you will be scared. Tumors on pituitary gland which are smaller than 10 mm are called "microadenomas". They are usually detected because of the increased levels of hormones. Most of them are benign and they do not spread. Your therapy will depend on the type, size and position of the tumor. Medications, surgery and radiation therapy are the three types of treatment. You individual situation will determine which type of treatment will be applied.