I have to say that I wish I had a better reason for addressing here but I don’t. My friend has a tumor of pituitary gland and I have to say that she is not taking that well at all. And the something goes for her family. She just delivered a beautiful baby boy three months ago! She had some kind of stroke and the surgery is necessary now. And I have to admit that I am ashamed that I don’t even know the location of pituitary gland in body. Where is it exactly?

Some doctors would explain this in a very simple way. If you just continue your way up through the nose you will get to the pituitary gland. Very easy. And this fact has made a significant change in the efficacy of the pituitary gland tumor operations. Brain surgery is no more needed; it is done now via nose. And the stroke you mentioned indicates that she was not aware of the tumor, it developed fast and blocked blood supply in that are. That caused the shock, so called pituitary apoplexy.