Hi! Lately I listen a lot about Lyme disease. Ticks are every where. How can I protect myself from Lime Disease?

Hi! The ideal solution would be to stay away from tick habitat completely, stay out of the woods, avoid areas with lots of undergrowth or overgrown grassy areas and anywhere where there are a lot of deer and mice. Try to reduce the number of ticks in your vicinity and particularly the number of infected ticks. If your yard is surrounded by woods you could have your woods line sprayed with an appropriate insecticide/miticide. Under ideal conditions you should wear a hat, a long-sleeved shirt, and long pants tucked into socks and boots. Apply DEET to your skin and clothes, and permethrin to your clothes. Of supreme importance is a daily inspection of yourself, your kids, and your pets to remove the ticks before they can do damage. If you find an embedded tick, remove it with fine tweezers. If you can’t remove tick, find a medical help!