Hi, my sister has lyme disease for a long time. She was bitten by infected blacklegged tick. I don’t understand why she got so sick from lyme disease?

Hi, I am infected with lyme disease too. It happened four years ago, when I was playing with my dog in deep grass of my back yard. A tick bit me for my arm, and I didn’t notice it for a few days, until it grew up. I didn’t know that I was infected until I started having some symptoms like skin rash, fever, headache and fatigue. My mother immediately suspected that it has something to do with that tick from a garden. The tests didn’t show immediately what was wrong with me. It had to pass some time so I did the tests again. This time, the lab results were different. I was finally diagnosed with lyme disease, and could be treated. I still didn’t manage to cure completely, because I didn’t start treating it on time.