Hi, my husband was diagnosed with OCD. He has some strange habits, like washing his hands every five minutes, and counting the steps before he gets in the car. A doctor prescribed him luvox, and I would like to know if this drug is helpful, or is there a better one for OCD?

Hi, I suffer from OCD, and I can tell you there is no better drug for this condition then luvox. It is proven the best medication for OCD. I noticed it is not often prescribed, but I was lucky to have a doctor who knew what was the best for me. Luvox is also used for depression, panic, anxiety, bipolar depression and premenstrual dysphoric disorder. I didn’t have any side effects, but I heard that some people did. They got headaches, dry mouth, nausea, sweating, insomnia and weight gain. Everyone reacts differently to all medications, so if the doctor prescribed you luvox for OCD, don’t be afraid to use it. I heard an interesting thing and I don’t know if it’s true, but I am careful just in case. There was a research about taking luvox and drinking coffe at the same time, and it turned out that this mixing can lead to caffeine intoxication.