Hi, my husband is affected with OCD. A doctor prescribed him prozac, and I would like to know was it helpful for anyone with this condition. Did it manage to cure OCD?

Hi, I was very satisfied with prozac. I had OCD for two years before I went to see a doctor. I was doing unexplainable things, like blinking twice when I see an obese person, touching my nose when I see trashcan, and similar things. I couldn’t resist this behavior, and it was making me very anxious. A doctor prescribed me prozac, and said that it is one of the best medicines for OCD. He was so right! It took a while before my symptoms were reduced, I think about 13 weeks. But when that time was over, my anxiety was gone. I had a few seizures, but not as often as before, because I could control all the little rituals I did before. I felt like a new person, all thanks to prozac.